My Mini Belly Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrb56

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Buda, TX
So here is the picture I promised of my project...


So far for the front, I have a 36 Ford axle, spring, and spindles. Also Model A hubs, wheels and tires. Still have to get my raduis rod/whishbones to hang it...

The engine is a 340cc 25 hp CCW/KEC snowmobile engine.

I am planning on running a Comet clutch (94C?) with a jackshaft to a chain.

For the rear end I have a Model A, but empty with chain driven axle to matching hubs/Model A wheels.

The frame will be built out of 3x2 and plate to hang suspension/motor...

I will need much help figuring out the best/cheapest way to clutch/jackshaft this so it can exist in parades, but also make a few high speed runs...

Joe
 

Attachments

  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 97
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 37

fowler

New member
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
18
Location
Bullsbrook West Aus
This looks like a really cool build

Have a look a split sprockets
Let u change sprockets fairly quickly to get differant gearing
 

jrb56

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Buda, TX
Split gears, noted...

Yes, the engine will be enclosed. I do have some ideas for cooling...0

Joe
 

Lokis_Tyro

Changeless Madman
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Wisconsin
I'd really like to see more of this. It's like a formula ford crashed into a soapbox derby car. Sweeeeet!
 

jrb56

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Buda, TX
So just a quick update - I have scored a Kawasaki 300 Prairie ATV. i will be using the engine, trans, differential, and rear drum brake off of the atv, as well as the wiring and most of the controls. So now I have to sell off my 2 stroke engine and will start working on the frame over the Christmas break.
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
That engine won't fit inside that body. I believe it's a little too big. IIWM, I'd use an 8hp (highly modified to 12-16hp) with the tank relocated and a fuel pump. I'd use a top name brand clutch (cc) to handle the power..... That would be a screamer because it would still be fairly light, and the COG would be lower as well......
EDIT.... MAYBE use a torque converter.....
 

dengieboy

New member
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Location
Essex England
water tank?

That body is as mad as a brush were did you find it? and what was it in the past? going to watch this build looks very interesting very retro and old school which is the style i like i wish you the luck of the spanners my friend
 

jrb56

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Buda, TX
Update

Thanks for all of the support... So just another quick update. Drivetrain out of ATV. Looks like it was made to go into the belly tank. Next step, build the frame from 3x2. A couple of answers, this was a drop tank but not sure what aircraft. It was sitting by a buddies shop, and I purchased for this exact purpose...
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top