My homemade shifter kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoDre

Reaction score
i had 3 motors at the time, i decided to go with the kx250. i ended up trading the air cooled BMX motor for a pocket bike, but i still have the water cooled roketa.
things i still need to finish the build
1. 520 rear sprocket ( which my local go kart store is ordering for me)
2. 520 chain
3. kx250 spark plug coil and and wire
4. coolant
5. gear oil
6. and a gas tank for the go kart.
man i cant wait to drive this thing!

then i purchased this frame

mocked up an engine mount

got an hayabusa oil cooler for the radiator, don't know if thats where the radiator will be mounted yet. everything is just being mocked up!

Drove 2 hours to Vancouver for this FMF exhaust that i had to cut and weld to fit so it clears the driver and the intake on the motor.

That is all for now like i said everything is just a mock up, things might change for the final product.

EvoDre

Reaction score
yeah i hope so hope that i can be done in the next month or so!

EvoDre

Reaction score
Thats awesome! Do you have another radiator or just one?

just running the one, i wanted a little more information on your build. As far as the tach goes, im alos going to steal your idea for your shifter as well lol. i was having a hard time trying to route mine but saw yours and thats the idea im going with!

Stephen115

Reaction score
just running the one, i wanted a little more information on your build. As far as the tach goes, im alos going to steal your idea for your shifter as well lol. i was having a hard time trying to route mine but saw yours and thats the idea im going with!

haha awesome! I would recommend another radiator or one big one. I'm using two right now because thats what my motor came with my motor. My shifter rubs alittle so its stiff to shift but i'm working on it.

that tach is a SENDEC, it reads RPMs, head temp and does lap times when at the track(probably will never use that though)

any questions feel free to ask
SJ

EvoDre

Reaction score
ill go get the actual brand for you later but these are some dirt tires i think not certain!

EvoDre

Reaction score
mocked up the radiator mount, and also mounted the cdi and engine stop button!

that is where i will mount the radiator, also will be building my shifter and mounting the clutch this week. then all is left to do is go and order my rear sprocket and sprocket hub and i will be riding this thing!

EvoDre

Reaction score
will also order new seat and some drag slicks after the kart is running and i get the minor things sorted out!

EvoDre

Reaction score
can someone give me an idea of how to mount the shifter im having a hard time figuring this out

EvoDre

Reaction score
Thanks for that info ander, but I'm looking for alittle more simpler setup. I've trieda few setups but they. Just don't seem to workout for me too well.

EvoDre

Reaction score
i figured out a shifter setup for the kart will post pics when i get it installed!

EvoDre

Reaction score
i spent this weekend mocking up the shifter and i got it to work just fine
here are some pics!

all that is now needed to run the kart is
1" rear sprocket carrier
520 rear sprocket
and gas tank

when the kart is running everything will be re-situated and painted
i will purchase
new seat
new steering wheel