My gocart plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

southingtonkarter

Slim Shady
Reaction score
Ok, this is what I plan on doing for my yard kart (AKA money source :D ) It is some kind of kid racing kart, not a Pep-Boys kart but I'm guessing the frame cost a few hundred. My dad stretched it so taller folk can use the kart. In it I'll be putting a Briggs &Stratton 5 HP flathead (similar to the old "Fun Power" motor that used to be in it).

LIST of features

5 HP Briggs flathead motor
chain drive
chassis stretched
crossover tires (street and dirt)
solid rear axel
fiberglass bottom
cleaned the crap out of the motor
straight pipe
removed governor

cleaned carb
OR
added new carb, moved fuel tank

SO what does you guys thinks? I'm going to spray paint the motor flat black, the recoil cover can stay the same, and a straight pipe, out the back of the motor, will keep it running cooler, plus a better sound.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what it would be worth? I pan on selling this along with my chopper to finance:

new quad parts
or
a racing lawnmower
or
a golf cart

Flexibel_kampfe

Hopeful for building kart
Reaction score
Best part is, steel doesnt splinter.... fiberglass splinters are like mini razors... I wouldnt use it for something I would be in...

Maybe a piece of Lexan might work... its light and strong in its 1/8 inch form....

JHen

Reaction score
Get some 18 or 16 gauge sheet metal weld it on there instead of fiberglass. Better all around.

fowler

Reaction score
like flexibel says itll give u the worst splinters plus it is very hard to fix as it wont dent itll crack
wiegh the fibreglass peices and see if the steel is the same weigh t (by bet is it will come close)

Status
Not open for further replies.