My Go Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
you look exactly like my friend nick. kinda weird.

anyway thats fast, do an exhaust mod a nd intake, those are EPA crap on there! you will gain so much more speed and power. does it still have the governor in it?

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
yea...i have not done any mods as of now. I am building the black widow currently and am waiting on that build to do some mods. i plan on a deff exhaust to straight pipe, and billet rod/gov removal and the intake will be done

redsox985

Reaction score
I love the seat. Are you going to put a TC on the Black Widow? Also, I highly recommend some suspension.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
A nice kart, but not a shifter, a shifter has a gearbox. Looks plenty fast though.

B.T.W don't put that "seat belt" bar in. Without a roll cage it's safer without one.

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
Yea the pole is gone anyway. Kinda cheesy. And the tc i have to save up for cause i dnt have the money for it yet. The black widow will have suspension and be a foot longer. And the seat is suprisingly extremely comfortable haha.

Thx for checkin out my vid. Im also trying to get as many views as possible because youtube pays for a lot of views and if i can get some money to halp pay for the builds it would be so much help and i could do/add souch more.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Cool kart, Imbo. You gotta do something about that seat though, I can see pain in your future. I think I heard some really weird noises, too. What's that about?

At any rate, enjoy your new ride!

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
well ill tell u guys this is my kart vid from may haha. and the sound was my old chain tentioner which was a stationary pipe which the chain grinded through. right now that noise is gone because i have solid tensioner with bearings. and the seat is held away frm the clutch with a piece of sheet metal also.

SwimSquirrel

Reaction score
Cool! Where did you get the plans? I might build one of those myself, although I'd rather put the engine in the back with fixed axle/single wheel drive setup. Maybe even a torque converter if I can save up enough.

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty cool build! well i had the frame specially made from a company called bosignore and there is leterally almost no other where to mount the engine....especially clones. The whole thing i just put together myself by winging it. thanks for watching

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
and anyone....whats the highest amount of rpms i could get outta the clone and what mods would i need to perform?

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
most people (almost always including me) will say its not worth doing much to them clones, because unless, you mod it until its just made out of honda parts, you'l still have a lot of crappy parts on it, including the block, just take out the gov, and a few other simple things. just be safe about which parts you keep on that thing. so you had some company custom fabricate that frame?

Imbo

Young Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
well r97...when i meant mod it i dnt need to go insane i just want to know what kind ofmods i would need so i can get the max rpms with out needing a tach and have it not blow itself to shreds....and the family that runs the company helped me out when i gave them the plans and brought my steel they helped me put it together...its fantastic work i must say

Status
Not open for further replies.