my go kart with predator 212cc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelt549

New member
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Bloomington, CA
FIRST PIC IS BEFORE SEND 2 PICS ARE AFTER I WAS DONE
ok so today is the day i added my predator 212 6.5hp engine on my 2 seater go kart!!!!!! so happy and excited i did it im 16 and this is my first project or actually my first hands on project on anything motorized by my self.ran into some encoounters along the way but i expected it i bought a go kart with a briggs and stratton 5hp fun power engine the carb needed a change and the pull starter case was stripped so i bought another one because it was cheap on sale. i have a extra go kart frame with nothing on it but wheeles and steering wheel so im going to fix the briggs and build it on my spare frame

:backtotopic: anyways the predator worked great!!! went a good speed at stock i just loosened the throttle limmiter. im 170lbs and even with my little cousin riding with me it drove good. im going to be getting new wheels, a new brake wire for my gas peddle and a new belt clutch because the one it had was rusted as hell and i would like to add metal framed lights to itanyways will be posting more when fixed up or if needed help
 

Attachments

  • 20140220_122543.jpg
    20140220_122543.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140302_134730.jpg
    20140302_134730.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140302_134718.jpg
    20140302_134718.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 21

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
That was a bit difficult to read; in the future, can you please try to use a bit more punctuation

It looks like the predator just fits in there; good job getting everything hooked up & working :thumbsup:

A new TC will cost you around $150-$200; cleaning the existing one will cost you an hour or two

You don't need new wheels (unless there's something I'm not seeing), what you need is some new tyres...
 

Michaelt549

New member
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Bloomington, CA
Tc??? Is that a torque converter if so is this it? I thought this was the clutch?, I would LIKE to get a new one it makes a noise when not gassing kinda like a (ding, ding ding ding over and over) and overall just old and yes thanks for correcting me I need new tires these are worn out to ****t Ahaha where can I get some good price and where would I get them put on at?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 78

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
No that is a centrifugal clutch.
A tc is a torque-convertor, it actually a brand name. of a CVT.
 

Michaelt549

New member
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Bloomington, CA
I thought a centrifugal clutch ran on chain I thought this was a belt driven clutch? Where is the torque converter and how do I clean it? Thanks for the help/fast responses
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Unless I missed it completely, does the sheaves move axially at all?

If not then it is a Belt cent clutch.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,797
Reaction score
593
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I thought a centrifugal clutch ran on chain I thought this was a belt driven clutch? Where is the torque converter and how do I clean it? Thanks for the help/fast responses

A centrifugal clutch can either run with a chain or a belt. The most commonly used is chain though. The one you have just uses a belt, but is still a centrifugal clutch
 

Attachments

  • 1797565_605385439533183_131943043_n.jpg
    1797565_605385439533183_131943043_n.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top