My first go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam91

Reaction score
Hi friends,
I am Sam91 from India.
I want to build a new go kart which run on
electricity or on fuel. Please help me:confused:. If it is electric go kart then which engine should be used and if it is fuel go kart which engine should be used? also tell its approximate total costing. Please give suggestions as fast as possible.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Reaction score
well.... i don't know how to convert american dollars to indonesian money so......

use a gasoline engine. fuel is two and a half dollars american and you will get about eighty miles per gallon with a 4.5 hp engine so its not a big money issue. gasoline engines are more reliable.....

are you IN india or FROM india?

risto

...watches you sleep.
Reaction score
yes, i agree with thatoneguy, gasoline engines are better. To build a nice, moderately-sized gasoline go kart, you may spend about $300-$450 USD.

thatoneguy

Reaction score
seeing how most of the electricity in asia comes from coal...... stick with a gasoline engine. plus, there are FAR easier to find, and you can get a decent engine for....... 90 dollars.

IN INDIA OR FROM INDIA.

i don't know near as many places that sell electric engines but i can name several that sell gas.

www.honda-engines.com
www.harborfreight.com
www.smallenginewarehouse.com
www.google.com

that should help...

thatoneguy

Reaction score
this thread should be in the Electric projects section.

that engine that guy was using was only getting 2mph/3.6kilometers per hour... not really ideal for a go kart. but if there is some law in your country prohibiting you from using gas then i would try to find a golf cart electric engine and use that

Sam91

Reaction score
Very very thanks to thatoneguy and risto. You have given me very very
useful suggestions. I am from India. I am studying in engineering in
industrial electronics. But don't think that I will never make a go kart of
gasoline engine. I we'll try to make it. Once again thank you very much.
Now we'll try to make a go kart. Keep in touch.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Reaction score
Get it started and put some pics up of it. Im building a go kart soon too and ill put some nice pictures of it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.