My Dirtbike Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well its been a while since ive posted on here so i figured its time to let you in on a little secret. You remember that dirtbike that i got a while ago (like beginning of summer) shown here in this thread

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17488

Well i was told it was a honda crf 150 when i traded for it. Slowly i have been realizing that its not a honda crf 150, it just looks like one :oops: What really got me that ihadnt noticed before was in the frame, on the front it didnt have the usual Honda plate that all bikes have. Just a normal vin stamped into the frame.

Another thing was the the parts that i needed for it, didnt look like they matched up. The right side fender which i need looked nothing alike when i started looking for honda parts. Finally a was inspecting the bike some more and i found 125 stamped into the back of the engine and the decals covering up the sign Baja Motorsports stamped on the seat..... can you say :oops: again!?

So it turns out that my bike isnt the sick Honda that i thought it was, Its actually a Baja DR 125:ack2:

:roflol: Its actually not to bad of a bike though for me to learn on. I learned clutch and how to actually ride a dirtbike with it, and plus it was dirt cheap!! So thats what floats my boat at this point.

NOW THAT THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY>>>
Im thinking of starting to hit up some meaner trails. So far ive only ridden in peoples yards and on my street (at a construction zone near my house on my same street) But that had to stop because the police pulled me over :mad2: im not gonna lie i was pretty scared my face looked more like :worried2:

But before i can go to actual trails, i want to beef up the bike a little more. First by fixing the obvious issues it has, and then by getting some aftermarket parts for it.

What has to be addressed:
-Exhaust leak
-Muffler is broken from exhaust pipe (Needs to be Re-welded)
-Right Side Fender (Missing)
-Front Brake Assembly (Missing)

Things i want to do:
-Bigger Rear Wheel (probably not but still hopeful)
-Cone Airfilter
-Racing Plug
-Aftermarket Exhaust System
-Bigger rear shock to raise up the seat height by around 3 or 4 inches
-Strip the body and prime/paint it blue.
-Graphics kit
-Number plate for front
-Rejet Carb to suit airfilter and exhaust

As of now thats my wish list for the bike. Those parts should add around 2 or 3 hp to the bike. On top of that itll give it a meaner stance, higher top speed, and it will make it more attractive to buyers. This helps me so that in the future i can sell it for more money. I paid 75 for the bike as it sits and to get it performing and looking like i want it will probably cost me around 300 bucks. So ill have around 400 dollars into a bike that i can use for a good trail bike and later resell for around 750.

So thanks for reading my long post, ill get more pictures of the bike along with a video of all the problems i talked about tomorrow, but for now, here's the pic from when i first got it.

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• 333365_437175709656606_653966247_o.jpg
    333365_437175709656606_653966247_o.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 16

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
That must have been a facepalm moment when you saw the word Baja! At least you still have a bike which didn't cost you much. I remember learning how to ride a bike when I was still about 10yrs old. My dad had a bike that he rode to work each day, and he taught us how to ride it round the garden. Good times....

Last edited:

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Yeah, well i bet when he finds out what i paid for that kart hell have an even bigger face palm!!

SOOOOO, does anyone know what parts will fit on this? So far i have seen that an exhaust from an xr100 would work, but nothing on any other parts....

Status
Not open for further replies.