My clutch is slipping and I don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racing mower

New member
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Winnipeg manitoba
So I just replaced the clutch on my home made motorized cuz the old one was slipping and getting rely hot so I replaced the clutch and it is still doing the same thing
And it's a craftsman 4 stroke weedeater engine
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Past the gearbox it's 13.5:1....
But the question is... What is the ratio for the gearbox...
And maybe the motor doesn't have enough power for what ever this is...
Post a pic...
 

Racing mower

New member
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Winnipeg manitoba
 

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Messages
5,994
Reaction score
2,997
Location
Atlanta, GA
I dub thee Frankenbike. I doubt that engine has enough torque to get the job done, but I could be wrong.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I think with wheels that big you are going to have to gear lower than the 13:1 you are at now. The engine is also small (50cc i am guessing) to give loads of torque
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
^ I second that....

And as per my previous question... What is the ratio of the ragb from the grinder... As I recall from a previous dissection of one of my grinders... It wasnt 1:1... I believe you may at least have to flip the grinder box.
Edit: there about 3:1 ratio.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top