My 3 Kart rides (Belgium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRenaat

New member
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
Hello,

I'm Renaat, I'm aged 17 and I'll show you my three karts.

FIRST KART:
I made this kart when I was only 12YO, using a Robin (Subaru) EY28 engine. This stationary engine has 8hp, 280cc and was used for road works. It got it for free because it was not working properly. I opened the carb and solved the problem (To difficult to explain, I don't know every part in English).
The frame was very basic, but what did you expect, I was 12 :p. Some parts of the steering system come from a small lawn tractor from our neighbours, after a tree came down on it :D.
I have only one picture of the Kart, and one of the engine:



I had it for 1 year, and then I builded another kart, so this one had to move... I kept the engine, but I threw the frame away.
Top speed was about 50mph, clutch was a V-shaped belt that I could thighten with a pedal.

SECOND KART:
When I was 13, I started building a second kart. This one took a few months to build, because I took my time.
I had 2 smaller wheels, and ONE big car wheel.
This brought my to the idea to make a kart with 2 small front wheels and one big rear wheel. This was about the best idea I had untill then. When you see the pics, you will understand why. This kart looks stunning I think.
When I finished building it, it took me about another 15 months to improve about everything on this kart. I changed the brake into a disc brake, I placed real kart wheels in the front, I changed the rear wheel mounts, I changed the steering system, I added a small roll-over bar, I added a better gas tank, ...
The result is a very nice looking kart, going up to 50mph, and fun to drift.
Small Movies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5byWyoDLN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obo1l7QwP7g
Pics:






THIRD KART:
I'll post a separate topic on this one... :)
 

theo

New member
Messages
872
Reaction score
1
Nice karts. Do you think you can get more stability with your 3 wheelers if you bring the front axle back to under your knees? This will put more weight over the front tires.

theo
 

r12

New member
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
very nice! I would like to know more about your 3rd kart there. looks very well put together.
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
renaat, do you still have that subaru robin engine? if so could you take some pics of the wiring for me? i have a similar engine with no spark, and all the wires are disconnected.
 

iRenaat

New member
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
renaat, do you still have that subaru robin engine? if so could you take some pics of the wiring for me? i have a similar engine with no spark, and all the wires are disconnected.
Tomorrow I'll send you some pics. Shouldn't be very difficult I think.
Those engine are very relaible and they sound very solid and stable.
 

iRenaat

New member
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
Nice karts. Do you think you can get more stability with your 3 wheelers if you bring the front axle back to under your knees? This will put more weight over the front tires.

theo

Yes I know, but I think it doesn't look very nice with the front wheels beneath my seat... You see I try to pay some attention on the "design" :D
 

iRenaat

New member
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
That would be great, thanks.
I took a look at my ignition wiring, it looks very simple I think...

The big cable is for the spark plug, and the smaller wire stops the ignition when it makes contact with any part of the engine.
You could start with cleaning the three indicated spots, and then make sure that there is about 0.5mm between the two contact points and the wheel. That should do it I guess
 

Attachments

  • DSC04730.jpg
    DSC04730.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top