Murray Track 2 Mini Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Picked this up a few days ago. This is my mini bike #3 :wai:. The lady who sold it to me didn’t give any details and well I didn’t ask after getting it for half the asking price.

I did some research and found out it is a Murray Track 2 Mini Bike. Made in the USA :thumbsup: , frame feels sturdy and well built, nice size too. I read these were sold at Wal-Mart in the early 2000’s.

I guess previous owner was in the middle of a refurbish. The frame looks like it was professionally painted maybe even powder coated. There is a few deep scratches from them moving it around I guess, but overall looks fresh. They even painted the handlebars and engine mounting plate with what looks like bed liner. Hard to tell in the pics but the Orange is slightly metallic or candy gloss. Orange and black, maybe they were going for a Harley theme?

Here is what has:
72 tooth sprocket (original)
Brake Drum (original)
4.00-8 Kenda Tires (original)
Ape Hanger Handlebars (not original)
Throttle & Brake Controls & Cables (original)
#41 Drive Chain

What it needs:
Engine (originals came with 3.5hp Tecumseh)
Seat & Bracket
Brake Band
Clutch
Chain Guard
Chain tensioner?
Kill Switch (originals had a key switch)

Found the manual online, but with Murray out of business, replacement parts are rare.

20170820_183103.jpg

20170820_183120.jpg

20170820_175157.jpg

20170820_175207.jpg

20170820_183141.jpg

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Yes, the ones I've seen have the air filter box and muffler removed and replaced in order to fit.

Gonna have to take one off one my karts to mock up.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Dadgum, that thing looks kinda spiffy!

What engine did it have originally? Nevermind, you already noted it--how thorough of you.

...you can take any color and make it metallic...equals ten times better'n non-metallic.
I was behind a brown metallic Honda Accord or something, in the post-eclipse traffic jam the other day, and the color was growing on me....

Status
Not open for further replies.