Multi posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of you might have noticed that we took sids suggestion to heart and Robert installed some code that stops multi posting. It will automatically append the consecutive posts into the first one. You will also see some writing that says it was appended. There is a time limit that can be set, and if posts are made by the same person within the time limit, it will get appended.

We will see how it works. I am sure it will solve several hassles we have been having.

I have just noticed that it might not work too well if people are posting consecutive pics, like some do from Tapatalk. We will have to look at that

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
I too must make multiple posts for pics because the stupid ipad names every pic "image"

If i try to put 2 in the same post it onlt does one. Another forum i am on renames all the pics by itself to upload multiple pics.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
well that should work with consecutive image posts as well.

Like ML-TOYS said..
The simple reason they post images that way is they're stupid device always adds "image.jpg" as the name, so they cannot upload two images at ones (the first will be overwritten by the second with the same name)

Now, once an images is uploaded it already has a unique name(will be renamed when necessary), and more important a unique attachement ID.
And the DPP (douple post prevention) allows the second post to be added to the database as a double post, (and the attachment id is set, image is successfully uploaded)
And THEN kicks in to merge the two.
So everything will still be fine afterwards (attachments will be kept)

At least the one that I used worked that way...
but that was a 1.0 beta (xenon) since it worked flawlessly, I never upgraded...

If your's is different, Robert can drop me a line anytime ;)

'sid

PS, ML TOYS.. I'm sure noone would mind if you give it a small two image uploading test; just to be sure if it works or it needs work :D

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Shirts are plenty....

we'll see

'sid
[EDIT]
Wait.. which one was installed?
the one by Vitaly (merges posts with attachments)
or the one by Paul M (ignores posts with attachments)

maybe it's as simple as using the "other one" :D

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Doug put the postage in your poboy fund;
you can gross me out by posting another pic of your milk white chicken breast ;)

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Doug put the postage in your poboy fund;
you can gross me out by posting another pic of your milk white chicken breast ;)

'sid

Ok....I'll start peeing on it to give it some color....(it's not that much of a reach).... but obviously...I can't go out in public with that chest or I may get into SO many confrontations with husbands and boyfriends when the women flock around....:lolgoku:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Well....let's just see....?

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Post #2: Chancer sucks....(couldn't think of anything else......, Luv ya man..:lolgoku:)

Ummmmnnnnn.....don't know if this means anything...but I can't upload pics now?

OzFab

Reaction score
Some of you might have noticed that we took sids suggestion to heart and Robert installed some code that stops multi posting.

Oh, thank the lord for that! :wai:

Thanks for the suggestion, Alex; thanks, Paul, for passing on the message & thank you, Robert, for making our lives easier...

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
k, might as well give it a try.. I'll try that one tomorrow. Under an annoying deadline ATM...

Status
Not open for further replies.