Muffler

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
:confused: i am currently making a go kart! and b4 i start it i want to add a custom muffler. what should i do

Attachments

• jew 077.jpg
    jew 077.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 34
  • jew 078.jpg
    jew 078.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 31

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Get the kart working first BEFORE making any mods.
If I had a car with a bad transmission but went ahead with putting on a high performance exhaust... what would I gain?
A thinner wallet!

Jblankster

Reaction score
ok, do you want loud, or quiet? do you have access to a welder? how much do you want to spend?

you can simply cut the top part of the muffler off if you dont want to spend anything, or cut it off there and weld a straight exhaust and bend it to where you want it to go.

or you can buy a animal racing exhaust (should fit, but im not sure)

or you can do what i got on my minibike, and add pipe to the muffler.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Get the kart working first BEFORE making any mods.
If I had a car with a bad transmission but went ahead with putting on a high performance exhaust... what would I gain?
A thinner wallet!

I agree with Russ. Once you have it completed and working, you'll be able to see where you have space and decide where you want the pipe to run. It may save you the trouble of having to re-design things later on.

Jblankster

Reaction score
I agree with Russ. Once you have it completed and working, you'll be able to see where you have space and decide where you want the pipe to run. It may save you the trouble of having to re-design things later on.

agree, and i would suggest the moter is properly broken in first also. but yes, you can simply buy a custom exhaust or cut off the big can on the top of that

tylersmd1

Reaction score
oh

:cool: i totally agree.. every engin has to be broken in b4 going all out..just like my 71 chevel brand new 383 stroker w/ slap stick shifter.we built. i was just asking cuz im planning ahead so i know what to do when i get to that point in time.

Jblankster

Reaction score
ahh i see. well like we said easiest would be to just buy a pipe. id do that, and you know itll look,work, and sound good :D

Jblankster

Reaction score
here, i got some pics, their not very good because as i was taking them i cracked my camera screen :( but i know you wanted to see the eshaust on my minibike and on the engine i got, and how the throttle is hooked up. if you cant see from the pics i can try to explain it :)

tylersmd1

Reaction score
what

can you show me better pics of the throttle assembly? please?

and how does your mini bike performe with that exhaust,,, looks badass!

Jblankster

Reaction score
yes ill get better pics and a good explination of it tonight after i plow.

it dosent perform any different at the moment, it still has the stock muffler on it, thats jus attached to the end. but once i get a chance im going to cut that off and connect some tubing to that exhaust. then itll be badass :D

Jblankster

Reaction score
eh its ok right now, when its driving away down a long street, you can ehar it for a few blocks, but wen it turns a corner its silent :D. but i want it to be like a Harley :D

Status
Not open for further replies.