• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Moychendizing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Okay, so I know we're not supposed to "sell" things on this forum so what I'm doing is asking you, my target market, if you were looking for merchandise from your favorite go-kart related fiction, action adventure series, what would you want to see?

So far I plan to offer:

• Books
• T Shirts: Primary Logo, Bandit, General, Rockford, Bullitt, 2015 (filming locations) Tour
• Iron Ons
• Hats, trucker and embroidered
• Stickers
• Decal Sets, Bandit, General, Daisy, Orange Krate
• “Turbo” kill switches
• Pedals (Manco style w/Go-Kart RH & Alley LH)
• 1/18 Scale Model Go-Karts, wire formed, Bandit, General, Daisy, Rockford, Bullitt
• Clark Mag Wheels, painted and unpainted
• Bullitt/Rockford Wheels, Astro minibike w/live axle adapter, painted for Bullitt
• Retooled Manco Mag Wheels, painted for Bandit
• White Wall Tires
• Repopped American Express Chassis

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Email or PM me we can work something out if you want to advertise to sell stuff in bulk, I'd like to approve it but I don't figure we'll have a problem if it's not junk. We've always allowed individual private sales here.

BTW -- I love Spaceballs, too. Nice work! I dunno how many people will get it, but I loved it. ;)

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Thanks Robert! I will when I get further along.

http://youtu.be/e9OaCuUlCAU

Mario Kart stuff like this? I'm working on wire formed scale models that will hopefully come out realistic looking. As for gaming, I would love to make a Go-Kart Alley video game where you scavenge junkyards looking for parts to upgrade your kart and beat the yuppies. No budget or skills to developers it though...lol!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447251353.559879.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447251371.508443.jpg

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Start slow with that merchandising stuff.

The scale models.. great :thumbsup:
For scale models, get yourself a small 3d printer (used ones can be had for a reasonable price)
any prusa i3 will do the job just nicely. (so new well below 500 bucks to get you going)
that way you can pump out small plastic engines, seat and bodyparts for your scale models in a few minutes.
There's a reason they're called prototyping machines before ;)

then a silicone mold (bake hardened) from the print and it'll last for ~100-200 resin casts;
so you can boil the price of a small set of parts (engine, wheels and other small parts) for less than a dollar per set;
Also: no minimum order, no expensive tooling needed... and you have the printer to make whatever you want in the future ;)

shirts decals.. quite cheap and nice..

custom kart parts... be carefull, see how it goes, what min order you'll have etc.
Don't risk too much financially. stay safe!

'sid

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Copy that. 3D printing and resin casting already in the plan. Mad Max car owner is well experienced in casting and committed to help me on this. As for custom parts, there's a feasibly sound game plan in the works. This ain't my first rodeo in the manufacturing/licensing arena...just at brand licensing.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Ok to answer your original question here is what I would want, As a fan of your TV show and you're book:
• T Shirts: Primary logo 2015 (filming locations) Tour
• Stickers
• “Turbo” kill switches
• 1/18 Scale Model Go-Karts, wire formed, Bandit, General, Daisy, Rockford, Bullit
• Repopped American Express Chassis
These Items I would buy.
I Do think the other stuff would be cool, but I could not afford it, and I think you would have a very very tiny market. Even the Amex is iffy to me (Small Market) But waaay to cool an idea to delete.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Hey Poboy! I think I found your pet Spider! Don't worry He di not n=make it across state lines... Yet.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Found a source for our Go-Kart Alley playsets. Working on getting s customized version of this garage made. My girls sure enjoy playing with prototypes and reenacting the filming they've seen :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451521119.167889.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451521033.459330.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451521100.081302.jpg

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Where on earth did you get a trained spider from? Did you train it you're self? How was it trained? Was it hard to do? How long did training take? It really seemed to be having fun on that kart, I could tell by the look on it's face. Did you kil---er, em, set it free after filming wrapped up?

Denny

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Where on earth did you get a trained spider from? Did you train it you're self? How was it trained? Was it hard to do? How long did training take? It really seemed to be having fun on that kart, I could tell by the look on it's face. Did you kil---er, em, set it free after filming wrapped up?

Denny

Well I tell ya, I was just sitting here, on my tuffet, eating my curds and whey when along came this spider that set down on my head and I said, "you could be a star baby!" And he was just a natural!

True story except I was standing not sitting because I'm not sure what a tuffet is and I don't eat whey. He hung around set for a while afterwards, we talked sequel but he decided Hollywood wasn't for him so we released him from his contract. Only spider I've ever handled intentionally and didn't kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.