Movable Foot Pedals for growing kids

MWKarter

Reaction score
I just bought a ‘90’s Manco 2 seater with a GX200 engine, live axle, TC, and moveable seat. Looking for a method to make the foot pedals incrementally adjustable. I seem to recall seeing some that had another brake pedal closer to the seat and the same with the throttle pedal. Any ideas?
TIA,
Keith

panchothedog

Reaction score
I have seen some blocks advertised by one or more of the major suppliers. Many years ago I made some for my oldest Grandson. He was only 4 and could
no way reach the pedals. I took a couple of pieces of C channel about 10" long
bolted one side of a hinge to the end, the other side of the hinge to the floor pan of the kart about 10" back from the stock pedals. Drilled a small hole in the
top of the C channel as well as the pedals and ran a piece of threaded rod between them. Wasn't the prettiest arrangement, but worked very well. They stayed in place until he was about 8 or 9 and could reach the stock pedals.
Couldn't have costed more than $5 or $6 to build, and never had a problem with them.

MWKarter

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is along the lines I am thinking. My 6 year old grandson is a little short for it right now. Brings back fond memories of our son driving, with our daughter as passenger, him having to stretch to reach the gas pedal and unable to reach the brake. Both of them laughing their heads off having a Great time.
Still have to weld up or replace one of the front rims and go thru the kart checking it out.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Not a big fan of wood being used on gokarts, but I'll allow on this one...................A stack of 1 x 4" pressure treated boards cut into appropriate size for a pedal, and drilled uniformly through and bolted together on the face of the pedals can be incrementally reduced one board at a time as the kids grow. Adding 4" or so shouldn't alter the pedal motions enough to be a problem, and you wouldn't have to do a bunch of alterations to the pedals themselves. The exposed bolt heads on the top would also give extra "traction" to tennis shoes.

MWKarter

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. But, I forgot to mention that Grandson’s butt-to-pedal length is 26” where the kart‘s butt-to-pedal length is 32”. So, I am going to go with Panchothedog’s suggestion of using all thread as a rod between the existing pedal and a rearward mounted, moveable pedal. I will post a picture when I get it together. Thanks again! It is appreciated!

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
using all thread as a rod between the existing pedal and a rearward mounted, moveable pedal
Big fan of all-thread, as long as nothing has to slide back/forth on it, and it's thick enough. Don't go cheap on it, get a little thicker rod than you think it needs, spray it with WD-40 or similar to prevent rust, and adjust as time goes by.