More low end from my 6.5 cheaply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
Ok i have a fairly stock clone with the governor removed and a crappy exhaust.

I have a 9/54 or 6:1 ratio and 19" wheels. The kart is used on hills and fields.

I have a comet 40

I was going to make a nice exhaust and possibly get a filter and rejet the carb, but is there any other cheap ways I can increase my bottom end? I am not worried about speed because therorecically i can get to 45mph, but I dont have the bottom end to do this.

I dont want to change gearing because #40 sprockets are expensive in the Uk and my sprocket is new.

I have fiddled with the tc driven and it made a little bit of difference.

I dont want to go billet etc, because then I would just buy a bigger motor or change gearing.
Thanks
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
Well that sucks :( i guess I will leave the motor and gearing as is then. If I find that it is too sluggish I will have to install a second jackshaft.
 

GoTeamWhatEver

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
put a gx160 head on it help with low end, more compression, and with the gx140 emulsion tube and bigger jet will help. and bore out the carb. your self make more air.
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
I could take the head to school and mill up to .5mm off or something. I have a gx390 carb but its a bit big and there isnt much room. I have a g100 emulstion tube, will that work?
I may re jet.

At the moment I have bigger problems - I need to install a new jackshaft bearing to stop the jackshaft bending, and upgrade the sprockets and chain. Then I need to put rear suspension on and paint the kart up (purple). Along with tuning up my mini bike and cos I get loads of homework I can only do work at weekends. And I work on saturday so I only have sunday to do everything!

I need to weld and lathe down the crankshaft because the key is damaged, so this winter I may tear down the motor and fit it up
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top