Montgomery Ward T555 Trike

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
Here is another project im working on. This thing used to run great at wide open throttle when i had it running last year. Its since had its motor taken off and put in the shed. Im debating whether or not im going to pursue this one and actually restore this ride. Any suggestions anyone? I actually kinda like it cause nobody has one like it.

Attachments

• DSC02011.jpg
    DSC02011.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02012.jpg
    DSC02012.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC02013.jpg
    DSC02013.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02014.jpg
    DSC02014.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02015.jpg
    DSC02015.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC02016.jpg
    DSC02016.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 39

blksmith19

Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool looking, I would definitely put it together.
Did it have a verticle shaft eng on it? Looks like it with that pulley configuration.

blksmith19

t0x1k

Vroom
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool looking, I would definitely put it together.
Did it have a verticle shaft eng on it? Looks like it with that pulley configuration.

blksmith19

That's just the driver clutch of the torque converter.

PS where in the pine barrens are you?
I live in south jersey too.

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
You think that torque converter can be salvaged? I am in the process of rebuilding the engine currently. It didnt have any throttle linkage attached to it when i got it, so all i did was attach a lawnmower throttle cable to the carb and went about my bizness. It only worked at wide open throttle, and the front end shook like a mofo when i rode it. The back whell/tire isnt exactly true, so they tend to wobble a wee bit, but not terrible.

Gumpit

Reaction score
Is it for sale? I have one I just finished and another one I gave a friend of mine that he is redoing. I need another one. Randy

Attachments

• T-555 Done 001.jpg
    T-555 Done 001.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 53

anderkart

Reaction score
We used to have an off road, rental track here that had trikes kinda like that back in the early 70's. Me and my buddy's used to spend all our paperboy earnings there.

jcusumano

Reaction score
I have been looking for a T-555 for years. I had one growing up. They are hard to find. Anyone have one they want to part with?

1992suburban

I wanna go FAST!!
Reaction score
looks like it has a RAGB on it.. I would for sure redo it.. looks cool not sure what I would use it for, (where I would ride it)

newrider3

Reaction score
looks like it has a RAGB on it.. I would for sure redo it.. looks cool not sure what I would use it for, (where I would ride it)

That's just the TC driver sitting on the engine mount, and the rear diff (looks just like the Northern Tool kind).

wild248man

Reaction score
Here is another project im working on. This thing used to run great at wide open throttle when i had it running last year. Its since had its motor taken off and put in the shed. Im debating whether or not im going to pursue this one and actually restore this ride. Any suggestions anyone? I actually kinda like it cause nobody has one like it.

i got hte smae exact trike as you. i had mine running too last summer but the diff blew up. i would open the diff and check the gresse and gears inside since mine decided to break two of the gears. and i was also wondering if knew anyplaces or the specific gear that is in the differentials.

Gumpit

Reaction score
In the oldminibikes.com forum. I don't know if he is on here. Yellowhand has some differentials that he is selling. I bought one of his 3/4" axles and just swapped my axles with the differential he had. That way you get the new diff case with fresh bronze bushings so it is tight and you get the new gears.
You need to use your old axles because of the different lengths on each side. Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.