Mods for GY6 - DF Monster 2x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhawk19

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina
I just purchased a DF Monster 2x4 (see photo). It has the 169.4cc 4 Stroke Air Cooled Modified GY6 Honda Cloned Engine.

I'd like to make mods as I'm building it and I'd like to know what I need. I assume best mods will be air intake, carb and exhaust.

Can you point me in the right direction?
 

Attachments

  • ca056692885ecba7d8d0ef99a75f1889.jpg
    ca056692885ecba7d8d0ef99a75f1889.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 18

Panhead5496

New member
Messages
908
Reaction score
7
Location
Athens, Georgia
I've been looking at these for a long time. How do you like it??

Do you happen to have any more pictures with it, maybe with a person or something for size reference??

As far as mods, I think RedBeardsGarage did a video on how to upgrade the GY6 engines. I will see if I can find it.
 

jhawk19

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina
I don't have it yet. It's supposed to arrive next week. I just wanted to order stuff in advance so that I can install mods as I build it.

I'll be happy to post pics. I'm actually going to do a time lapse video of the build and post it to my YouTube channel.
 

Bwdeaton

New member
Messages
405
Reaction score
7
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Best mods I did on mine were different cvt springs and lighter rollers, along with a higher quality belt and changed sprockets a little for more torque.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top