MM 80 K go kart compression

JoeZ

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know what the compression on an MM 80 K go kart engine should be? Also doe it have a compression release?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Joe

JoeZ

Reaction score
Hi Karttekk, It is not in the manual, do you know if this engine has a compression relies? I am only getting 60 psi

Karttekk

Reaction score
Go to page 19 of your manual and look at #37, the camshaft. Blow up and rotate the picture for clarity, default view is 100%. It does look like there's a compression release on the cam but there's also a phone number that says "Call this number for technical questions" at the bottom of the page. Report back as to what you find so others will know.

Karttekk

Reaction score
I'd say if it's fairly easy to pull the rope rapidly than it is to pull it slowly, there is a release built into it. Pulling the rope quickly allows the release mechanism to lift the exhaust valve slightly when starting the engine.

JoeZ

Reaction score
I'd say if it's fairly easy to pull the rope rapidly than it is to pull it slowly, there is a release built into it. Pulling the rope quickly allows the release mechanism to lift the exhaust valve slightly when starting the engine.
Good tip.