• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Miss America delegates answer a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Well, fellas- I believe I'm going to turn in my keys and badge here at DIYGK and call it a career. Having absorbed the contents of those two videos, I feel my IQ points dropping like fries. I m gettnig dummmr bi the 2nd. In a minnnit[ eye wll B unble 2 kep righting. In nsd caduch kjsd GH56* . OI frgn 9!

Jcotz

...wasn't there
Reaction score
Mi midn si trning itno mshu juts wtahcing tihs.

souperman000

Reaction score
This is not real, it's a parody on the Creation v. evolution debate and what should be taught in schools; brought on by Rick Perry's blundering that made all us Christians look crazy.

I showed this to my mom and she swore they were actors. guess I shoulda believed her, they cant be that stupid?? OR CAN THEY???

Jcotz

...wasn't there
Reaction score
This is not real, it's a parody on the Creation v. evolution debate and what should be taught in schools; brought on by Rick Perry's blundering that made all us Christians look crazy.

Thank god! If that had been real I probably would have lost all faith in the U.S school system.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Thats why I'm a proud Canadian! However this year I have begun to wonder the state of our education system.

Forget it. I have two kids in grade school here in Ontario. As a general statement, our public education system slurps dog turds, too (put as politely as I can muster).

falcon1

Reaction score
Teachers here are making a stink about a bunch of stuff. Pissed me off. Not one other union got a raise, and they think that they are just so special that they should get one along with a ton of other stuff.

ryf

Reaction score
though I agree that the general unions have not made as much, the general government continues to take a fair bit of money, everyone else in government gets a raise, why not the teachers?

Teachers are under paid, this is a common problem, if teachers were paid better, you would have better teachers, the best hospitals have the best doctors because you can afford them, this is why the saying "those who can, do, those who cant, teach" exists. because if you could do something else who would want a thankless, under paid, under supplied job when you could work private sector and make sometimes 2-3 times as much money with the same education, many of todays k-12 teachers are people who can't do anything else either.

teachers used to be better, because there was a glass ceiling that kept intelligent women out of better jobs, so the education system gave them a job that was way beneath their ability, but a job that paid and helped put money in the bank, they were treated like second class citizens and unfortunately this feeling hasn't changed, and as a job that now has alot of legal exposure (arguably as much as most way better paid medical staff considering the sue-happy way of things anymore) and alot of time on and off site invested, its a terribly thankless job.

Badot

Reaction score
What makes it worse, teachers are no longer required or encouraged to think or be knowledgeable. All the schools care about are that the teachers are 'board qualified' or something stupid like that. Answer books ahoy.

Want to know what's sad though? I'm sure there are thousands of people who are out of jobs or at minimum wage who are much more knowledgeable and skilled than the teachers we have now, and would love to have teaching jobs. They just won't be hired because they don't have degrees.

Teachers teach future teachers. It's an endless cycle. But of course, degrees are becoming worthless anyways. People are getting into 'prestigious' schools because they have money or have some relation to someone. Grades are dramatically swayed by personal, monetary, or athletic relations, meaning if you work hard to get good grades in school, you're still thrown in the same academic boat as the jock who's so dumb he's rumored to be mentally retarded but gets lots of touchdowns, or the blonde girl with big bumpers that has everyone do her work for her. Not to mention cheating is becoming easier and easier, partly due to technology, but partly because the teachers just don't care. (and no one tries to combat the technology)

And all the non-college schools (at least the US schools) care about anymore is getting passing grades on the standardized tests to get their funding. Just bringing the bottom end up. It's like if the military took the people who can't pass the physical portion of basic training and spends all the time they have getting them in shape rather than training actual soldiers to do what they need to do (and survive).

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
As a student and child of a teacher, I could write a book on what's wrong with the education system(s).

-The idea that everyone can and should go to college.

-The ridiculous amount of paperwork that teachers are required to go through.

-Emphasizing and requiring daily lesson plans.

-"One size fits all" curriculum.

-Needless stress on teachers from Administrators.

-Incompetent Administrators.

-Incompetent teachers.

-Removal of shop and other hands-on classes.

-Emphasis on memorization rather than actual learning.

Like I said, I could write a book on this. I've actually wondered what would happen if I wrote a parody to Martin Luther's 95 Theses, but on education, and nailed it to the Department of Education's front door.:D

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
Teachers can now be fired in the UK! So if they are **** they get the boot :wai:

Edit: just watched the YouTube thing... WOW is all I can say, and that is coming from a 15 year old.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
Lol,
I suppose if I were standing up there with millions watching me, I would probably talk ****e too.

Status
Not open for further replies.