Minibike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo86

Reaction score
I was looking to get a minibike. I have about $175 to spend. I was thinking about getting a used doodlebug of CL but was wondering how fast it goes and if I would fit (5'4" 100lbs) and about how fast I would go. Thanks!

P.S. I live in Northern Va

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Yes, but it wont ba a bolt on and go kinda deal. The 212cc will be wider, so yuo would need to drill some new holes.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
Yeah all you need is new holes and a new clutch. You can also buy an adapter plate.
As you are on a budget I would search for either a mini bike with a 4hp+ engine or a doodle bug and get a 5hp+ engine second hand like a briggs.

Jimbo86

Reaction score
What do you guys think about getting a Azusa minibike kit from

http://www.gokartnminibikeparts.com/go_kart_&_minibike_kits.htm
(Minibike Kit with 8" Tri Star Wheels and 480 x 8 front & rear sawtooth tires)

I know I need 8" wheels because I will be riding in fields and wood and things like that.

I have $328 to spend exact and I think that my dad would help by getting the 212cc Predator for it.

Opinions?

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
That sounds good. You would save money by finding a cheap used minibike and fixing it, or putting on a new engine like the predator and you'd be allset. Then slap some nice paint on it and your golden. And you save yourself a few hundred dollars

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
i actually have the larger one from that ad, nice frame and it can be a real nice bike, an hf clone bolts straight it and youd love it, you dont have much adjustment tho, and if you want to you can either take off the top tank and use the one on the bike or just pull that off, remember gravity feed first, my clone did about 40mph im guessing and it was fast, only thing was, i didnt have my throttle hooked up, and it was a daring stunt driving it

Status
Not open for further replies.