Mini chopper 40cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagograss

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta canada
This is my first build. Finally figured out how to add pics.
 

Attachments

  • 20150314_080204.jpg
    20150314_080204.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20150314_080222.jpg
    20150314_080222.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20150314_080237.jpg
    20150314_080237.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20150314_080259.jpg
    20150314_080259.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 33

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
How well do you think it will handle, with that much rake? Just curious. I'd like to build a mini "harley" springer, but don't really know enough about that type of steering geometry....
Oh yeah, :welcome2:
And I really like that coil spring chair. What size engine , on that vw trike? We won't get mad at ya if you threw up a pic of that, and the bike in the background. :thumbsup:
:cheers2:
 

Bagograss

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta canada
Well the bike handles really well it only goes 45 kmh tho just took it out yesterday. The vw trike is 1965 1200cc with a 1937 Norton girder front end the girder is modified a bit. I'll get some pics of it up here if you want to check it out.
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
O I know I'd like to see some pics. I'm an old school vw but ,as well as a kart addict.... :rolleyes::lolgoku:
65 was the last year for the 1200,IIRC. In 66, the 1300 came to life. Its what was in my 66 bug. It was my first car, and I was 13. My grandpa restored it for me,very clean. He drug it all the way to Missouri, from Texas, to give it to me for my birthday. Its also what I learned to drive a standard in. In my family, by the time you get to 10-12 years old, you have already had some seat time.
 

Bagograss

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta canada
So here it is. I'm still doing mock up on the front end. I just rebuilt the bottom end of the motor gotta get some new cylinders and pistons and rebuild the heads yet. It's a work in progress but probably one of the funnest ones I've done so far.
 

Attachments

  • 20150317_071301.jpg
    20150317_071301.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20150317_071326.jpg
    20150317_071326.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150317_071346.jpg
    20150317_071346.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150317_071400.jpg
    20150317_071400.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150317_071410.jpg
    20150317_071410.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top