Mini Chipper Chopper build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash87

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this will be my project page.
Got a no name roller frame off the 5miles app for 50 bucks
And a free 5hp Briggs. I’ve got the frame pretty much torn down. Getting ready to cut all the random metal welded to the frame off. Courtesy the previous owner and get all the surface rust off the frame. First pic is how I got it on day 1 second is how it looks now. Third pic is of my power plant. I’m thinking the name for this is Chipper Chopper

Attachments

• 4E350C81-0995-4462-8DB5-2C514BD80E89.jpg
    4E350C81-0995-4462-8DB5-2C514BD80E89.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 5EFA225B-B7FC-434E-B972-34CC5F700616.jpg
    5EFA225B-B7FC-434E-B972-34CC5F700616.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 21
  • D4D50811-607E-4F5E-94F9-B2912F26E907.jpg
    D4D50811-607E-4F5E-94F9-B2912F26E907.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 24

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Cool project, man. :popcorn:

Chipper Chopper, lol. That'll work.

And a late model Briggs too. If you carefully peel off the MTD sticker, you will find an original Briggs sticker underneath (original Briggs factory sticker). I think I can see the edge of it in your photo.

BigWes

Reaction score
Pay close attention to how the brake lever on the foot brake is attached on that thing. It was originally a road ready chinese chopper bike most likely with an electric start 250cc gas engine. I have one in my backyard just like it I am trying to sell. Someone put a 5hp tecumseh on it after they blew up the riceburner engine on it. I guess originally they would run around the 50-60 mph mark. I bought mine as a project on a whim. It was in a non-running state with no intake or carb.

I see it a challenge to get old engines running so first I got an intake and carb just to see if I could make the tecumseh run...and it run after a bit of tinkering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMqw1GgNOEk

A few minutes after I made that video I took it up the road and back. The front brake was not working. The rear brake was. I couldn't stand it...I had to ride the d@mned thing.

On the way back down towards the house the torque converter locked up and the front end started to shimmy like h3ll and it started to speed up uncontrollably without any extra throttle. I applied the rear brakes to slow the b!tch down and it wasn't happening so I started to panic and I put my man foot down on the pedal and the d@mn pedal assembly snapped off. It went under the bike. My foot almost went with it. I wrecked a Harley once. Not good. So that's why I say check that brake pedal where it mounts.

It was a downhill run to my house and it was only getting worse past my house. It wasn't going to slow down by itself. At the bottom of the hill is a nasty speed bump and a lake down in a deep nasty hole. I hated to make a choice real fast or to get hurt bad so I whipped it into my driveway and laid it down in the front yard. I tried to slide it in. The bike came in unharmed. But it hurt me. There was probably a bunch of other things I could have done differently at the time looking back. I just was running out of time and didn't have the time to think it all out. I didn't want it getting loose and ending up sideways in anyone else's car or house and I didnt want to let go of the bars to hit the kill switch for worries of crashing onto the asphalt.

Your frame is a bit different but I would bet money these bikes came off the same line. I did a lot of research on them about a year ago. There is no recognizable brand name on them that I could figure. They look cool. Gotta be careful with the metal it's flimsy in spots where it should be strong.

I can take some better pictures of mine if you want. A guy is supposed to buy it if he ever gets the money. I am holding it for an older black guy. He is retired and of all the people on the FB marketplace he was the only guy that didn't try to feed me a line of bs for it.

Keep sharing, I think it will be kick@ss when it's finished. I was gonna put a 212 on mine but I decided I was too big for the frame.

Good luck! Have fun!

Wes

Last edited:

Crash87

Reaction score
Hope I’m not too big for the frame lol I weigh 250 haha. Well I got a pit bike 110 cc kickstart Chinese clone motor and I’m toying with the idea of putting that engine on this chopper to complete the whole bada$$ chopper theme.

aham2003

Reaction score
Pay close attention to how the brake lever on the foot brake is attached on that thing. It was originally a road ready chinese chopper bike most likely with an electric start 250cc gas engine. I have one in my backyard just like it I am trying to sell. Someone put a 5hp tecumseh on it after they blew up the riceburner engine on it. I guess originally they would run around the 50-60 mph mark. I bought mine as a project on a whim. It was in a non-running state with no intake or carb.

I see it a challenge to get old engines running so first I got an intake and carb just to see if I could make the tecumseh run...and it run after a bit of tinkering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMqw1GgNOEk

A few minutes after I made that video I took it up the road and back. The front brake was not working. The rear brake was. I couldn't stand it...I had to ride the d@mned thing.

On the way back down towards the house the torque converter locked up and the front end started to shimmy like h3ll and it started to speed up uncontrollably without any extra throttle. I applied the rear brakes to slow the b!tch down and it wasn't happening so I started to panic and I put my man foot down on the pedal and the d@mn pedal assembly snapped off. It went under the bike. My foot almost went with it. I wrecked a Harley once. Not good. So that's why I say check that brake pedal where it mounts.

It was a downhill run to my house and it was only getting worse past my house. It wasn't going to slow down by itself. At the bottom of the hill is a nasty speed bump and a lake down in a deep nasty hole. I hated to make a choice real fast or to get hurt bad so I whipped it into my driveway and laid it down in the front yard. I tried to slide it in. The bike came in unharmed. But it hurt me. There was probably a bunch of other things I could have done differently at the time looking back. I just was running out of time and didn't have the time to think it all out. I didn't want it getting loose and ending up sideways in anyone else's car or house and I didnt want to let go of the bars to hit the kill switch for worries of crashing onto the asphalt.

Your frame is a bit different but I would bet money these bikes came off the same line. I did a lot of research on them about a year ago. There is no recognizable brand name on them that I could figure. They look cool. Gotta be careful with the metal it's flimsy in spots where it should be strong.

I can take some better pictures of mine if you want. A guy is supposed to buy it if he ever gets the money. I am holding it for an older black guy. He is retired and of all the people on the FB marketplace he was the only guy that didn't try to feed me a line of bs for it.

Keep sharing, I think it will be kick@ss when it's finished. I was gonna put a 212 on mine but I decided I was too big for the frame.

Good luck! Have fun!

Wes

Refinishing one just like that and it doesn't have a brake pedal. Could you take a few close up pics of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.