Mini Buggy/ ATGC update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryf

Reaction score
heres some pics of what I did this afternoon, its mocked up, but it works.. I had a linkage system before, the cable is sooo much less play...

this is the shifter mechanism itself, pretty simple, used some scraps of 2x4 tubing to get it big enough, it will get ground out before painting

this is a shot of the whole shifter mech with the knob and you can see the cable running around the back of the seat (which is not bolted in right now) you can also see some of the mechanical parts still on the other side of the cart

this is just how I hooked it to the tranny, simple enough.

as a general update, here are some pics of the new front end with steering rack!

ryf

Reaction score

500cc/17.5hp tecumseh vertical, mated to a peerless 820 garden tractor trans. I had it running about 6 months ago, decided to do some upgrades to it. have had it up to about 45mph...it has lots of power to spare. since this pic was taken I've changed alot, but its a good motor pic.

ryf

Reaction score
more buggy updates

got busy today and got alot done

motor mods for throttle and choke pulls

photos below show steering finished, as well as steering wheel in place, clutch and brake pedals are finished and functional, tie rods correct length, master cylinder installed... new clutch cable system works awesome

I can't really race it, but I love running it, the way its set up now I want a bigger motor to take to the salt flats MUHAHAHAHA, seriously though it feels great.. I don't want to have a full roll bar, so I'm not sure where I'd be able to run it WOT except maybe make it street legal

Last edited:

ryf

Reaction score
where can I race it 2or3?

yeah those are bent aluminum rims and bad tires for mockup.. I have new tires here and new steel HD rims on the way.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
see guys this is why we need to have a race off and get alot of people together and meet up some where would be a great weekend trip.rent a race strip for the day and have a blast.

bigbuddy29

Reaction score
that would be cool. get a bunch of us together for a weekend. have a water melon roast, lol. live about 250 miles fron the salt flats. buggy looks good.

ryf

Reaction score
mmm I've got a plan for salt flats if I go... need more motor though.. I'd be up for an outing among woods/trail riders at a fun park getting muddy or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.