mini bike probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
hey guys i put a ported and polished briggs 5.5 hp in one of those little asian minibikes that had the 49 cc motors.well this engine sat outside for a few years and the carb is probly messed up.ive cleaned it to the best of my ability and it still wont run.the engine is fine i can run it by spraying gas into it.the carb is sucking up gas.any ideas?

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
no float on this carb,its mounted on the tank.i soaked it in paint thinner for 2 days,no luck.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
well it must be because i put a direct gas line from another tank onto the main gas sucker upper(not sure of te correct name for this lol) on the carb and it sucked up the gas no problem.ALSO,when its running the recoil will like uncoil and squeal like hell.i have taken the recoil apart and cleaned it several times,and i took apart that thing on the flywheel and cleaned it.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
werll i worked on it a little bit,i took a old carb off of an old POS rototiller i have and put it on there.it seems to run ok now.and i took apart the recoil freewheel and put some grease on the shaft,no more squealing! lol.one step closer to driving it.now i just have to weld the rear of the frame back on and lengthen the chain

Status
Not open for further replies.