Mega moto 212 hemi predator speed

lewis1914

Reaction score
How fast should a mega motor 212 be with a stock predator hemi 212? I weigh 180 pounds and this bike only gets up to 13 mph.

vpd66

Reaction score
There must be something wrong with your minibike. I have a Monster Moto MB212 and it goes 35 mph with me (185lbs) on it. First thing I would look at is the belt. You say it has a stock Predator hemi 212 on it? Did some one change the engine? They came with a Lifan 212 engines.

lewis1914

Reaction score
I built this from a GPS kit. I figured out that the throttle cable was binding and prevented the full travel of the throttle linkage. I rerouted the cable to fix the binding problem. I also eased the throttle stop screw out on the engine. The bike now goes 22 MPH. I now feel comfortable doing a stage one modification on the engine.

karl

Reaction score
I also eased the throttle stop screw out on the engine. The bike now goes 22 MPH. I now feel comfortable doing a stage one modification on the engine.
Something still does not sound right.

Does the bike have a torque converter, or belt clutch?

I believe the GPS kit is the "factory equipped" pro torque converter model, with a smaller rear sprocket.
Using that with a regular centrifugal clutch may cause problems.

The lower end model bike without a torque converter has a larger rear sprocket to correct the gear ratio.

Does the bike go any faster downhill? If so you have other issues.

If not, the governor may just still be set low. If said stage 1 is removing the governor, and the gear
inside the motor, then yeah you will gain alot of speed.

What happens when rev'ed out with the tire in the air, does it wind out then?

lewis1914

Reaction score
The Kit is here: https://www.gopowersports.com/mega-moto-212cc-mini-bike-kit/

It has a torque converter, going to a jackshaft arrangement. The bike does go faster when I get to a downhill. It hit 26 before I ran out of room. I looked at the tach when I was driving and i was in the 3600 ballpark.

The stage 1 I was going to do is a new jet, new air filter and new exhaust. Opening the engine and removing the governor is a second step. I don't necessarily need to go faster than 22 MPH around the yard. I would just like to get to the 22 a little more quickly.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Ask around and get others' opinions besides just mine, but I recommend against removing the governor if you're not going to replace the piston connecting rod at the same time, good chance of catastrophic engine failure without it.
Also, if you don't replace the valve springs, your flywheel will probably be okay, the OEM springs will start to float around 5200-5500 rpm and not go any higher. But if you do put in stiffer valve springs to get more rpm, I absolutely recommend replacing that OEM cast iron flywheel with a billet flywheel to prevent a catastrophic explosion. An 8" diameter flywheel has the outer edge moving about 187 mph at 7,000 rpm, and those chunks of iron will pass through the engine shroud like soft butter, and then through a skull like, well, I don't know, I don't want to know.