Manco Dingo throttle issue

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m back again and doing some tweaks to my dingo. I got it running and driving recently and did some wheelies on it today. I just pulled the governor out and started the engine back up and it ran at full rpm without stopping instead of idling. I figured I should completely redo the throttle linkage and ended up doing just that. It changed nothing of course. Was wondering if anyone had any no brainer pointers on non governed throttle linkage. Will send pictures after work tomorrow because this thread is useless without pics.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Oops! Forgot to mention I’m running a Honda GX390 on this kart. That’s what I’m having trouble with. I posted this in the wrong place.
Anyways, here is what my throttle setup looks like currently (it’s very rigged):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
🤔.....🤪....you are correct!!! 😂

1st guess would be binding that little springs can't overcome..

.....lets go visit other thread.
........;)
I wonder if a moderator could merge my two most recent threads. I didn’t realize the last one was still up.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Yeah, we are small forum. Hit report button and ask them to merge best they can, probably be best to delete this one and save other .Give them links to both.....sadly I will lose my snarkiness, in this one ;)

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Is this some kind of a joke? Something stupid on purpose just to see what people will say? There's no possible way anyone could expect that it's correct to turn a throttle cable about 120 degrees coming out of the cable conduit. How could you even pull hard enough on the cable to get it to slide into the conduit at all? Much less expect a spring to be strong enough to pull it back out again, and pull the gas pedal back with it?
The cable needs to be in a straight line with the conduit end, so it freely moves in and out without scraping the edge of the conduit end.
And nothing holding the choke lever down from falling off?
And a governor shaft sticking up with only its little cotter key keeping it from falling into the engine? (I admit to trusting that myself once, and of course the key vibrated off, and the shaft slid down into the engine, and the crankshaft counterweight hit and bent and jammed the shaft.)
You need to get on Youtube and type in "Honda GX390 throttle hook-up", and watch all the videos.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Is this some kind of a joke? Something stupid on purpose just to see what people will say? There's no possible way anyone could expect that it's correct to turn a throttle cable about 120 degrees coming out of the cable conduit. How could you even pull hard enough on the cable to get it to slide into the conduit at all? Much less expect a spring to be strong enough to pull it back out again, and pull the gas pedal back with it?
The cable needs to be in a straight line with the conduit end, so it freely moves in and out without scraping the edge of the conduit end.
And nothing holding the choke lever down from falling off?
And a governor shaft sticking up with only its little cotter key keeping it from falling into the engine? (I admit to trusting that myself once, and of course the key vibrated off, and the shaft slid down into the engine, and the crankshaft counterweight hit and bent and jammed the shaft.)
You need to get on Youtube and type in "Honda GX390 throttle hook-up", and watch all the videos.
Wow! I jacked it up more than I originally thought then. I understood completely even while working that the throttle setup was wack, but thanks for the tip on the governor rod.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Welcome back Mr. Spindle. Did you figure it out?

Seems you mostly need a cable/wire stop for your throttle cable and your return spring rearranged. Reposition the spring to pull on that pivot arm from the top in photo #1. That upturned tang on the throttle lever has a small hole in it where one end of the spring attaches.