Manco brakes

abpoe

Reaction score
I recently bought a frame and was wondering where to get brake rod parts and any photos of the linkage. I am kind of lost on how the pedal connects to the brake hub. I bought a kit from Go Power Sports, but is doesn't seem to have the linkage (cable or rod). Any help or photos would be appreciated.440577611_10231960355661400_5720911949143410766_n.jpg20240501_070821.jpg

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Your best bet is some ¼ mild steel rod. Bend it to fit. Most kart stuff is pretty generic.
You could get fancy and get some pull cable but it will cost quite a bit for that distance.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Out in the west Texas town of El Paso I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Night time would find me in the arms of this maiden, the music would play and Falina would twirl.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
It's still there I think. Haven't been to the west side in a long time. My sis lives on the east side now so I'm over there when I visit.
Send me some chicos tacos!

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
On my manco dingo it was. 90° bend went through the pedal with a hole for a cotter pin.
The rod went through that hoop on side of your fame. Then it looks like it went to the rearward side of what used to be a band brake. That solid pin would have held the front side of the band.
I might be wrong, I don't have band brakes. My live axle has a disk.

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
I recently bought a frame and was wondering where to get brake rod parts and any photos of the linkage. I am kind of lost on how the pedal connects to the brake hub. I bought a kit from Go Power Sports, but is doesn't seem to have the linkage (cable or rod). Any help or photos would be appreciated.View attachment 147537View attachment 147538
if you want good cheap brakes go on amazon drum brake kit and just dont use the cable use thin solid steel the little cord they give you will snap

abpoe

Reaction score
On my manco dingo it was. 90° bend went through the pedal with a hole for a cotter pin.
The rod went through that hoop on side of your fame. Then it looks like it went to the rearward side of what used to be a band brake. That solid pin would have held the front side of the band.
I might be wrong, I don't have band brakes. My live axle has a disk.
Thanks a lot. Very helpful.