Manco Baja

Status
Not open for further replies.

courts94s

Noob
Reaction score
I started work on the Baja.
Its been tough work, considering how good of shape the frame was in. Someone had made their own roll cage and parking brake, and welded that crap on there. There was crazy mods on the foot petals. I had a junker Baja that was completed rusted out, I used it for parts. I had to cut off the old spindles and weld on new ones from the other Baja, but they were different designs. I had to flip them upside down, because I bought 18 inch tires, instead of 21 inch tires. It hauls ***!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRob

Reaction score
Nice looking Go Karts! Looks like you've got 1 of all sizes! I recently started a rebuild on a Bird Baja. Any suggestions on where to get cheap parts?

Thanks
Bob

courts94s

Noob
Reaction score
Nice looking Go Karts! Looks like you've got 1 of all sizes! I recently started a rebuild on a Bird Baja. Any suggestions on where to get cheap parts?

Thanks

Bob

Not specifically really, BMI Karts is the cheapest if you order in bulk. But if your order piece by piece, BMI Karts really gets you on shipping. Go Powersports is a good alternative.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I finished the seat back and bottom. It is made out of an old Half Shelter. It’s part of a tent system issued to Soldiers and Marines.
The seat back isn’t pulled tight (hence the wrinkles), because my brother is going to remove it once he picks it up, and then sew on some of his Wife’s name tapes, rank, etc., from when she was in the Marine Corps. Other than a kill switch, I’ve pretty much finished it mechanically. I don’t have time to finish stripping it and repainting it, so she’ll get a cosmetically unfinished kart.
I incorporated some of the snaps from where this Half Shelter would connect to another Half Shelter. You can see the on the side of the back rest, and on the hip pads. If you look closely, you can see the faded “US” marking on the bottom cushion. This Half Shelter smells like it’s been through ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.