Manco 810 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Reaction score
I picked up a manco 810 dingo and the Tecumseh engine does not have the carb or the air filter, could I pickup one of the cheap carbs on eBay for this and I can someone point me where to get the air filter? Thanks.

Attachments

• 0317181223a_HDR.jpg
    0317181223a_HDR.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 16

mckutzy

Reaction score
Depending on how long the motor sat like that without a carb... the motor might be better to be replaced... Tec motors are notorious for having carb problems (obviously the reason most likely why it is missing).

Karttekk

Reaction score
Make sure the crankcase isn't full of water. If not pull the spark plug and make sure the engine at least rotates before you spend any money on it.

Thanks

anickode

Reaction score
PROPANE! LOL.

you could probably buy a premade adapter and slap a mikuni on there...

A Briggs and Stratton flathead carb should also work on there.

Or make an adapter and put any appropriately sized carb you wish on there.

But as mentioned before, make sure the engine isn't garbage before you start putting money into it.

mellow

Reaction score
Turns over OK and the Oil has no water in it. I wanted to see if anyone had a link to a known source that sells the carbs for this HM100 that will fit it. I have found a ton of them on ebay that fit the HM100 but they do not list this model # as being compatible. I have found one that lists this model # but they want $70 for it since it is an OEM part.

According to the seller it ran up till the carb started acting up and it got lost with the air filter.

Propane would be cool but out of my knowledge range at the moment.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Here's one link you can try

http://www.arkansas-ope.com/Tecumseh_HM100_Carburetor.html

This should be the correct carb # Tecumseh 640108

https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Tecu...195-Tmv220/1001654710?iid=132527481819&chn=ps

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

http://www.arkansas-ope.com/Tecumseh_HM100_Carburetor.html. Scroll down until you find 159369P or type Ctrl F to search

TECUMSEH HM100- engine model

159369P-engine spec

640108-carb #

mellow

Reaction score
Yea, I ended up buying that one on ebay yesterday for $49 after reading all the negative posts about the cheap chinese ones leaking.

Also picked up the air filter and cover on ebay.

Thanks for the help so far, I am sure I will have more questions.

Btw, I tested the engine yesterday with some starter fluid and it fired right up with the pull cord so hopefully with the carb and an oil/plug change I will be good to go. Gotta get a battery and test the starter, the OP said it worked last he tried it.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it started. Are all of the linkages and springs still intact? You'll need all of those for the throttle and governor.

Good luck!

mellow

Reaction score
no linkages or springs, going to tackle that next, I am having a hard time finding a picture of what should be there.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Looks like you'll need an intake manifold too, the long "pipe" the carb mounts to, runs under the muffler I believe.

Karttekk

Reaction score

mellow

Reaction score
So I am getting along with this rebuild. I hit a snag, I am having trouble with the linkage on the throttle control, I bought a new spring thinking that might fix the issue I am having but it still seems like it is backwards. Can someone look at this and let me know what I have done wrong?

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgQD5BFaMLg

mellow

Reaction score
Those help, I am going to move the top one going to the carb over to the next hole to the right.

Can someone confirm that throttle control is working correctly?

Thanks.

Karttekk

Reaction score
What happens when you move the lever where the red arrow is pointing? If the throttle and governor both move when pushing the lever to the right, maybe try connecting the throttle cable to it somehow with the clamp pictured unless the plate moving in your video acts as a kill switch or something. I'm not familiar enough with Tecumseh to be of any more help. Just a thought.

Attachments

• option.jpg
    option.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
  • cable_clamp.jpg
    cable_clamp.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1

Karttekk

Reaction score
Your linkage doesn't look right. In this picture, the top rod on the lever goes to the governor and the the lower rod comes from the governor to the throttle plate on the carb and maintains the idle speed depending on engine load. Try moving those around.

Attachments

• linkage_setup.jpg
    linkage_setup.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.