Manco 810/812 axle help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Reaction score
I cant find part # (8328 - Axle Weldment - Long) anywhere, any ideas on where I can find one? It is a 2 piece and the long half is cracked. Posted a pic of where it is cracked.

Thanks.

Attachments

• sketch-1546382490136.jpg
    sketch-1546382490136.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 9

mellow

Reaction score
The axle in question is 22" long. I have attached another picture of it, the light is shining on where the crack is.

Attachments

• 0101191802.jpg
    0101191802.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 16

KartFab

Reaction score
northern tool used to sell the differential like you are wanting. Peerless and it was like $120.

BUT it looks like they stopped carrying it.

Found it here though
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=179

You might be better off just going to a standard 38" long live axle, or whatever length of axle you are needing

Another option is to call gopowersports, they have machining tools available and they may be able to take some 1" axle stock and machine the splines to fit your existing differential. While you have it all apart, might also be a good idea to replace the bearings.

Awdornowheels

Reaction score
If you can not get a replacement do you have a good welding shop around? A good shop could make sure to weld it up nice and true for you.

mellow

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I was wondering if replacing the whole axle would be one of the better ways to go (especially with the diff). Would I gain anything using a standard live axle?

I thought about taking it to a local shop to get it fixed, I still might do that, I can't weld that good to true up an axle.

I have the axle nut soaking in penetrant, dang thing would not budge even with a helper bar attached.

KartFab

Reaction score
live axles are great, and if i was in your shoes, i might end up going with that, but you will sacrifice some turning ability. I ran a manco dingo 2 seater with live axle and it was a beast. No real issues with turning even with live axle, but you can definitely cut a turn harder and sharper with the differential.

mellow

Reaction score
Picture of my whole rear axle as it is.

Attachments

• 0101191616.jpg
    0101191616.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.