manco 5.0 throttle problems? can not get to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
hey I just bought a manco force 5hp gokart, it has been sitting for a while one of the govener springs were broke I just put the new one on today along with float gasket, when I push the throttle in it only pulls the govner butterfly a little bit barley, its not pulling the lever on top of carb at all?

any one have any ideas why its not working
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
87
Location
Houston Texas
Try the search feature..... We get that kind of question all the time. If its a briggs engine, we just had that question with in the past 2-3 weeks..... Lots of pics.....
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
thanks its a robin Subaru motor, theres some pics on the last two pics I took one with wit sitting normal and with my thumpb pushing the throttle which one should it be wile not sunning should that screw be touching the carb or not?
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
87
Location
Houston Texas
Nice Mikuni! That throttle plate should be wide open, when the engine is NOT running. When it starts, the plate will shut, and then the engine idles..... Take that rod off from the throttle lever to the governor arm. It should not be there......
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
ok thanks were does the rod hook up to? that was the only hole I seen to put it in.
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
video is great, I cleaned the carb already though, my problem is the little black throttle plate on the carb is not moving at all when I move the governer and arm or even when pushing the throttle in? im stuck on this im really mechanical just these small things confuse me lol
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
87
Location
Houston Texas
Not a rod.... Look at the big throttle lever. You have a spring going from that to the governor arm..... Take that off. Not supposed to be there...... Hook that spring up from the lever to the pull start fan shroud. It will be your throttle return spring.....
Grants videos are great.... Look at it again.... It shows you how to put it back together, including the springs and rods..... :thumbsup:
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
his spring is in the same spot as mine it hooks up to the first big lever and to the governer lever, I just got the motor running and like I said when I started it the throttle is stuck wide open, only way to get it running ok is to move the lever on carb to reduce rpm, something is holding the throttle wide open I cant figure it out lol. I might just put a old school Honda clone motor on where it only has on spring lol
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
you can see last two pics I have to have my thumb on it to get it started the other pic is how it sits its pushed out making the rpms super high with out using my thumb
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
gokart throttle problems still? cant figure it out!!!

hey, I posted the other day I got a few good suggestions, but still cant figure it out, I just bought a manco force five 5hp gokart, it has a mikuni carb and I just replaced the govener spring when I hooked the rod and long spring up to the throttle arm it just pushes the throttle all the way out? when I hit the gas pedal it only moves the govener arm only? if anyone could help me and figure out why the throttle stuck like that that would be great! just got the motor running perfect but can only start using my thumb on the throttle see the pics I need it to look like the first pic but right now its like the second pic stuck open. is the rod upside down or something? thanks
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
So, you though it was a good idea to start a new thread on exactly the same subject because.....?

Here's a little "forum ettiquite":
-Multiple posts can (& should) be avoided by using the "Edit" button in the lower right of each of your posts
-Twin posts/threads are frowned upon; if you have follow-up questiond which directly relate to an existing thread of yours, add to the existing thread as opposed to starting a new one...

:)
 

gokart12

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
yeah sorry about that just seeing if anyone else could figure the problem didn't realize to update my previous post I made, I will know next time though thanks!
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
So, you though it was a good idea to start a new thread on exactly the same subject because.....?

Here's a little "forum ettiquite":
-Multiple posts can (& should) be avoided by using the "Edit" button in the lower right of each of your posts
-Twin posts/threads are frowned upon; if you have follow-up questiond which directly relate to an existing thread of yours, add to the existing thread as opposed to starting a new one...

:)

And around here....we greatly appreciate it when you fill out your profile....location is important regarding karts....and you could have a neighbor on this forum that could come over and get it running in minutes.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top