choprpilot76
choprpilot76
Major Manco 388 Overhaul
So I was given an epic go-kart from an old high school friend. From what I was told this is an old Manco 388 that was a legend in it's time for adult size go-karts. The kart was sitting outside for probably 15 years and was EXTREMELY rusted. The frame was about the only usable component, which is in great shape with no rust. I am completely overhauling the kart from the ground up with ALL new components. I already bought a new Predator 212cc engine from Harbor Freight and a new Torques Converter. I have ordered a new axle, axle bearing hangars, axle bearing, sprocket, and brake band. I am taking it tomorrow to get the frame sand blasted. I have a small problem though. The new TQ converter came with a belt that is to small. I got the 30-75 as seen in gopowersports for $119. The belt it cam with is a 699 and it should have come with a 669 or 775. The belt was so tight I had to slightly push it on, which is causing it to have enough tension on it that at idle it is engaged. Every other youtube video I have seen shows a 669 or 775 size belt. Does this sound correct to you? Thank for any help.
Daron
So I was given an epic go-kart from an old high school friend. From what I was told this is an old Manco 388 that was a legend in it's time for adult size go-karts. The kart was sitting outside for probably 15 years and was EXTREMELY rusted. The frame was about the only usable component, which is in great shape with no rust. I am completely overhauling the kart from the ground up with ALL new components. I already bought a new Predator 212cc engine from Harbor Freight and a new Torques Converter. I have ordered a new axle, axle bearing hangars, axle bearing, sprocket, and brake band. I am taking it tomorrow to get the frame sand blasted. I have a small problem though. The new TQ converter came with a belt that is to small. I got the 30-75 as seen in gopowersports for $119. The belt it cam with is a 699 and it should have come with a 669 or 775. The belt was so tight I had to slightly push it on, which is causing it to have enough tension on it that at idle it is engaged. Every other youtube video I have seen shows a 669 or 775 size belt. Does this sound correct to you? Thank for any help.
Daron
To the forum....Have you tried calling GoPowersports on the belt issue? They would know and might possibly offer the correct belt if applicable....