• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Looking For Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1701

Good for 100,000 Miles
Reaction score
Secure the border. Is it that hard to build a barbed wire fence? And actually check citizen ship before enrolling kids in public school, and handing out welfare.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
So you actually think illegal aliens are taking jobs from Americans? Maybe you didnt watch the news over the summer:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/01/eveningnews/main20076243.shtml

Hmm, Americans desperate for work? Guess they're not THAT desperate.

When was the last time you saw an all American group of:

Lawns keepers
Roofers
Construction workers
Farm workers

Not trying to enforce stereotypes, but I mean really. Illegal aliens do the work Americans dont want to do.

dave1701

Good for 100,000 Miles
Reaction score
I see Americans doing those jobs all the time. Do you propose we have an open border? I have an uncle who roofs houses for a living. 10 percent unemployment? Why are there so many illegal immigrants in Southwest Detroit, if they are only here to fill the jobs that we wont do? Illegal immigrants cause a lot of crime. They are illegal. Are you an illegal immigrant? You seem personally offended, rude and sarcastic.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
So you actually think illegal aliens are taking jobs from Americans? Maybe you didnt watch the news over the summer:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/01/eveningnews/main20076243.shtml

Hmm, Americans desperate for work? Guess they're not THAT desperate.

When was the last time you saw an all American group of:

Lawns keepers
Roofers
Construction workers
Farm workers

Not trying to enforce stereotypes, but I mean really. Illegal aliens do the work Americans dont want to do.

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a can opener going to work on a can of worms...

The reason you don't see americans doing the above is because of the wages involved. Since illegals are, well, illegal- the employer need not follow the laws regarding minimum wage, insurance, taxes, whatever. So- when an illegal is willing to turn a blind eye and works for $20/day, the sheisty employers are willing to turn the same eye, and pay them that.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
I see Americans doing those jobs all the time. Do you propose we have an open border? I have an uncle who roofs houses for a living. 10 percent unemployment? Why are there so many illegal immigrants in Southwest Detroit, if they are only here to fill the jobs that we wont do? Illegal immigrants cause a lot of crime. They are illegal. Are you an illegal immigrant? You seem personally offended, rude and sarcastic.

So why make in next to impossible to make immigrate to the US? I know several people who've immigrated or tried to get friends/family into the country. Theres a reason they dont take the legal route.

Im as white as a sheet of paper. 90% of my immigrant ancestors were here before the US was the US.

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a can opener going to work on a can of worms...

I know, I know. Bad habbit:mad2:

dave1701

Good for 100,000 Miles
Reaction score
There is a reason they didn't take the legal route. Because it is easier to walk across the border. You can bring drugs, and you don't have to wait your turn like everyone else. It is the same reason why so many people illegally download music. It is easier. They probably can afford the cost to pay for all the songs legally, but downloading them via limewire is easier. Those who buy music legally are like legal immigrants. We are against illegally downloading music because we waited our turn and legally got our music (or immigration). We will go on to be productive Americans. If hordes of illegal immigrants, many of them rapists, murderers, drug traffickers and unskilled workers come into the country and continue to drag the country down.

Roughly half of Mexican immigrants are illegal. That's still a lot of people coming here legally.

I know you never convince anyone of anything on the internet anyway, and that arguing about politics is usually pointless in real life, let alone on the internet, I just get these urges to spew my spiel.

Last edited:

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
The fact is, our "neighbors" to the south jumped the immigration line.
In itself, this is just plain wrong.
Simple analogy:
If I'm in line for 2 hours to get on the newest roller coaster and some a-hole steps in front of me...should I just let it go? Or, do I report him and get him thrown out of the park?
I say throw him the Hell out.
Make your bed...sleep in it.
Break the law...expect the (now non-existent) consequences.
It used to be that immigrants came here to start a new life in the land of opportunity.
Now, they come here for the money and split when things get tough.

racerc2000

Reaction score

The reason you don't see americans doing the above is because of the wages involved. Since illegals are, well, illegal- the employer need not follow the laws regarding minimum wage, insurance, taxes, whatever. So- when an illegal is willing to turn a blind eye and works for $20/day, the sheisty employers are willing to turn the same eye, and pay them that.

lol it must be different areas. In the past I worked for a guy. key word past.

his illegals got 100$ a day. had to get driven around. were never on time. they got paid on time (10+ people to a rental house) piss em off and they find a new boss as a group.

me I didnt get paid as often as I would have liked. and I was the one with the drivers lic. cdl lic. vehicles. always on time or early didnt need anyone to supervise my work and spoke English.

and to make it worse. these guys stay here for like 5 years. go back home and the next generation comes to make money. from the same families. back home they own streets of houses all done up like they were on celebrity cribs.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
$20/day was an example. I don't know what the going rates are, as I have a long standing tradition of being born here, working legally, paying taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.