Looking for opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
A friend of mine is having a go kart party. I'm looking for a bit more of an edge, I have a hemi Predator with light billet flywheel, billet rod, and governor delete. What I want to do next, is a cam and 14cc head, and I'm sure the cam will come with somewhere around 22b springs. This is basically a yard kart, that will run the occasional amateur parking lot race.

What I am considering is the Black Mamba cam, or the Mod II cam. Which one would work better with the smaller head? Or is there a better choice? I will run studs on the side plate and the head.

What about a carb upgrade?

:edit: Might be one of those nights I search and post...

I can't find the paperwork that came with my 212. is a bore and stroke of 70 and 54 correct? I keep coming up with 207.711 CCs. Just trying to see what my compression will be after swapping heads. Someone has that formula, Fabroman I think.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be Port and polish....the most....overrated underrated ...and possibly destructive mod ever....but also a very effective and inexpensive mod....point being....before attempting....do your homework....
:iagree:

looks super easy, but you have to KNOW what you're doing.
especially "what NOT to do" is the info of importance ;)

'sid

gman3850

Reaction score
sorry should have said to have it done. mostly for your purpose no porting is really needed, just blending of all the rough casting.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
We'll have some parking lot races, probably some food and drinks too.

One of the guys has four or five identical karts, two of he wants to seel, but no one wants to pay $900 for a nearly new kart.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
After reading numerous threads here and on 4cycle, I think I'll go with the Mod 2, maybe some 1.2 rockers (Do they make 1.2, or just 1.3??) to get close to the same lift as the Black Mamba, and I may just forget about the head for now.

:edit:

Ready to order Mod 2 cam, 26lb springs, 1.3 rockers. Still running a stock head and carb. Any issues with this plan?

:edit: Found a guy on FB who has Black Mambas in stock ordered one with 26 lb springs. Lets hope I don't need to do any clearancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.