Looking for a hobbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

for the kid in me

Reaction score
Hi I'm from NS Canada looking to start building a go cart I have a book from princes auto on go cart's a weilder and pipe bender. Know I just need part's and material to get my project started. I have a 9 & 16 year old plus me I would like to build three what size motor's should I use for each? THIS IS A GREAT SITE I hope to have some pic soon thank's for the idea's I have allready got from this site

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
What are you talking about? This site sucks, it's horrible. That's why my posts are.. uh.... too many... Oh who am I kidding, this site's awesome!

:roflol:

Remember to start a build thread when you have something going! Oh and, welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

minibugger

Reaction score
I built a kart from scrap bent tubing from a fab. shop and bought the parts I needed from Princess Auto. Sprockets, chain, Torq a verter clutch, brake caliper and disc and rear axle flange bearings. I used an old ride on lawn mower as a donor for the wheels and had a machine shop make a rear axle to match the rear wheels. 1 inch shaft with keyway for the sprocket and brake rotor and 3/4 inch step down on the ends for the wheels to fit. I also found that a electrian's conduit bender, the manual type, makes a great bender for small tubing like 1" or 7/8". Princess Auto and Costco have 6.5 hp clones for sale for $99.00 cdn. This kart was built to resemble a sand rail and the $10.00 kart seat slides 9" back and forth so my 7 yr. old will fit and I will fit at 6'4". Whatever dad builds, he's got to be able to drive it! Good luck.

Attachments

• DSCN0936.jpg
    DSCN0936.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.