Look what I got for (almost) free...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosch

Reaction score
A Manco Dingo! :wai:

I paid a coworker $30 to deliver it to me. He doesn't have anywhere to ride it, and the TC was shot (REALLY shot). He didn't want it taking up space, so here it is.

A new TC just arrived from Amazon ($92.00) so it's mine for $120.00.
The engine starts and runs good. Front tires, not-so-great. But hey... FREE! (Sort of). :cheers2:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Good score. Do your coworkers generally know that you are into go karts? Let it be a lesson to us all to share our hobbies as it may lead to good things coming our way.

The Dingo looks complete down to the deluxe hub caps! On that note, what's the model number?

Bosch

Reaction score
Good score.

The Dingo looks complete down to the deluxe hub caps! On that note, what's the model number?

I'm not very familiar with Manco. Where on the machine will I find it? (I'm at work at the moment, or I'd go look)

Hellion

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with Manco. Where on the machine will I find it? (I'm at work at the moment, or I'd go look)

Usually there's a sticker on the floor pan right in front of the seat.

Your Dingo is like a time capsule--almost 100% intact.

Jason1213

Reaction score
Wht do you mean by shot? "the tq was shot" like couldnt you just replace 1 or 2 parts and waste alot less money

Hellion

Reaction score
The sticker is there. It says:

Model 286-182P
Ser No. 1793610

Mean anything to anyone?

Nothing really except as a means for looking up the proper manual for it and to make notes on the features according to model number. Next time (if I remember) I see one like it, I'll know what it is (shrugs).

Think of it as documentation.

And... ding ding ding. Yours still has its model and serial #. :wai:

Bosch

Reaction score
Wht do you mean by shot? "the tq was shot" like couldnt you just replace 1 or 2 parts and waste alot less money

It was a cobbled-together mess. Mismatched driver vs driven, they didn't even line up. And the driver clutch outer casing was (somehow) all hogged out and sloppy loose. I've tried nursing along old tc's before, and to me I'm just willing to spend the $ and scrap the old one for a trouble-free new one. My time is worth that money. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

The new TC is on, and this little kart is great! Just as fast as the Murray, so it's topping out at 31-32 mph like the murray.

It's fun that they're evenly matched. So two running karts immediately spurred the introduction of a football into the equation. So you can imagine how the rest of the day was spent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.