look at what i got for 125$ cnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
i juste came back from here http://www.toitbleu.com/index2.htm i dont know how you guys call these place where people sell their stuff, i was walking around looking for some engines or any other parts for bulding another stupid vehicle and i found this :

i have abolutely no knowledge in briggs engines... seem like a great engine, start with a very little pull... gonna be fun. if you gus know something about these briggs i would like your input on what to do to it... hehehe... i'm going to go do some search but i would like your input! thanks!

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
i hate to tell you but a generator engine has a tapered shaft, which you cant buy a clutch for, unless you machine the shaft.

lemegacool

Reaction score
D'oh! well i'll see ... i'm working in a machine shop sooo but i might keep it as a generator... we were planning on buyin one...

edit : model: 190412
type : 3004 01
code : 89112812

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Go here, and download the pdf, it will tell you everything about any briggs engine that you know the model type and code of. Off the top of my head i can tell you it was made in the late fall of 1989.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
i dont think ALL generators have tapered shafts (i could be wrong)

but even if it does have a tapered shaft, 8HP is good for almost 6000 watts. (5965.5) im guessing its a 5 kilowatt generator? just wondering lol
but thats plenty to run an average house in a power outage (more than enough really)

lemegacool

Reaction score
yes its a 6000 w peak generator i might keep it that way because its working very well but hmmm 8hp shopping cart would be awesome!

and lol the engine is as old as me!

edit: 19 cubic inches, rewind starter, plain bearing flange mounting, manufacured 89/11/28 at plant no:12 awesome your link kaptain!

I have a 3hp variation of that engine.

lol i saw one too , a 3hp, it was on a old rotary mower

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
your awesome kaptain!

I know :roflol:

You should set up a better kill switch, i always hated those flippy ones that shock you when you try and use your hand to shut it off.

I'd say you should put it on a minibike, with full suspension and a horn!

lemegacool

Reaction score
lol its fun how you can play with others quotes lol

yeah 1'St thing id do is the kill sw, i really dont trust this one... minibike...hmmm was more thinking of a radio flyer wagon or something like that... i would love to have something to do donuts with

EagleTalons

Master JB Welder
Reaction score
Wagons are so...tippy. I remember when I was riding one with my friend down a hill and he over corrected and threw himself off the front and I landed under the wagon. For your own safety do not use a wagon!!!

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
lol its fun how you can play with others quotes lol

yeah 1'St thing id do is the kill sw, i really dont trust this one... minibike...hmmm was more thinking of a radio flyer wagon or something like that... i would love to have something to do donuts with

Make a barbie power wheels jeep! I've always wanted to do that (but never wanted to spend the money.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
ok, i got it, make a trailer with an old american straight 8 in it and a big gas tank, with some nice pipes. Then make a Barbie Powerwheels jeep to pull it :banana:

Anyways, let us know what you decide to make.

lemegacool

Reaction score
dont get your hope too high i'll probably keep it as a generator for the moment... i have others engine at home to mess around with...

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
Wait wait wait.
Your wrong.
They sell tapered shaft clutches.

They definitely Sell Tapered shaft CVT clutch for sure.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
i have my 8hp Kohler K181 i want to put in an old power wheels jeep we have around (its yellow, not a Barbie one lol)
but there is no way i could afford a clutch and everything it would take anytime soon :/ (darn 1" dia shafts!!)

but you could do a Radio Flyer kart! you could widen the wheel base, or make it really low to the ground. (or both)
you made the shopping kart and that turned out really cool, im SURE you can do a wagon!

i have a few engines with that kinda kill switch, its perfectly safe. as long as you dont actually touch the spark plug, you wont feel a thing. if you do, something isnt grounded right.
if your just using it as a generator, i would leave it as-is.(aka, dont fix what aint broke)
but for a kart, a kill switch thats easily in reach in case something goes wrong is a must lol

Status
Not open for further replies.