Locked up Predator 212

Cyberninja

Reaction score
The engine on my predator 212 locked up. I am unable to pull start it. It happened after a pretty hard ride but i didnt notice it until i tried to start it. I have not tinkered with the engine recently and it was running flawlessly before. Any diagnosises?

redflash

Reaction score
could just be in the "Pull start" area, 1st step would be to pull off the pull start shroud and see if anythings broken.
Next step, try to turn over the flywheel fan. Then Punt! Might also be easier to turn over by pulling the spark plug .

Da Flash

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I would just pull the spark plug and try turning the crank by the clutch. You could also try putting some oil in the cylinder too. Check the oil also, is there any? If not start taking the engine apart.

panchothedog

Reaction score
You need to pull off the side cover. Quite possibly the rod has seized on the
crankshaft.

redflash

Reaction score
A..... is the engine hopped up, cam ,billett rod etc. ? My point is that almost any small engine can be rebuilt, as long as the block is ok. The question becomes is it worth it ? A new stock 212 here in california is about $150.00 now....?????? new off the shelf.
open it up determine what is broke, accurately figure the cost to rebuild it...then make your choice........rebuilt or new.
Then if you want to hop it up, then consider that cost too......just basic Kart crap

Da redflash