Lifan 390cc and honda gx 390cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lares performance

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I have a lifan 390cc and was wondering if the honda gx390 internal would be interchangeable .i am trying to get performance part for my lifan and cant find a website that sells parts for it.any help will be appreciated .
 

KartFab

Active member
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
59
Location
Dallas, TX
Im not sure, but i can tell you that the greyhound (lifan) 196cc is an exact GX200 copy with only aesthetic differences in the gas tank, airbox, and muffler.

Same goes for the 20 hp lifan v-twin to the honda gx v twins.

I can also tell you that the 'honda OEM replacement' engine blocks that you see on ebay that are significantly less expensive than the genuine honda blocks are made by lifan.

I am not 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident that the honda/lifan parts are interchangeable. I read somewhere that LIFAN actually made aftermarket 'OEM' replacement parts for honda engines.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Copyright laws state that "an item must be at least 10% different from any other available item"; that being said, 10% in cosmetic changes is easy to achieve &, you would think, would satisfy the copyright laws so, there's no need to modify the internals...

An associate of mine recently purchased a GX200 clone; the first thing he did was tear it down & then noticed that the conrod (apart from other parts) was stamped with the Honda logo, proof that Hondas & clones are made in the same chinese factory; it's entirely possible that every clone engine is, in fact, a Honda reject, Honda take the best of the best & the rest are sold by the manufacturer; whether this is the case with Lifan or not is anyones guess...

Also, as stated by KartFab, the 200 clones are the same & the 20hp twins are the same so, you would think that everything in between would be the same too, however, that is merely supposition...

The best advice I can offer is check the bore & stroke of the Lifan against the bore & stroke of a Honda; if they are the same, you can assume that everything else is too...
 

Lares performance

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Im not sure, but i can tell you that the greyhound (lifan) 196cc is an exact GX200 copy with only aesthetic differences in the gas tank, airbox, and muffler.

Same goes for the 20 hp lifan v-twin to the honda gx v twins.

I can also tell you that the 'honda OEM replacement' engine blocks that you see on ebay that are significantly less expensive than the genuine honda blocks are made by lifan.

I am not 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident that the honda/lifan parts are interchangeable. I read somewhere that LIFAN actually made aftermarket 'OEM' replacement parts for honda engines.

Thank kartfab for the info.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Thanks Karfab for the info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top