Let's talk pressure washers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhead5496

Reaction score
Just to update this thread, I ended up getting a SunJoe SPX 3000 at the beginning of May 2018.

It is still going strong. I got some accessories for Christmas for it; a 25 foot heavy duty extension (so 50ft total, 25' original and 25' added) as well as one of those circular spinning washers (I believe it is a 10"). Also bought a swivel hose attachment for the wand, to keep the hose from getting twisted.

I believe this is one of the best bang-for-the-buck electric pressure washers out there. I use it a ton in the warmer weather to wash my car, and it also gets used for random around the house stuff too in the warmer weather.

Just thought I'd give a quick update :)

shady

I like touching girls hip
Reaction score
My power washer is one of those tools I didn't know I needed until I got one. Decks, driveways, stripping the crud off car parts, prepping my barn for paint, you name it. But do be careful using it on cars. If there is the slightest chip or edge on the paint, the power washer will make it a whole lot bigger in a big hurry.

I made myself a little doodad for washing the undersides of the vehicles. Bit of black pipe, some wood and some casters, and I can slide it under the car to blast the underside directly.

Panhead5496

Reaction score
I hear ya. It works great for all kinds of stuff. Right after I got mine I was going around looking for stuff to wash lol!

Yeah you do have to be careful on cars, but my pressure washer isn't super high rated, so it won't mess up anything with a mid level nozzle.

As far as under side washer, that's a great idea. Luckily where I live there is no road salt so I'm not worried about rust or anything. But for the guys who live in snowy/salty or really muddy areas, it's a great idea

Mammoth

Reaction score
Just got this beast and built a roller kart for it. Planning to use it for gold mining breaking up hard pack material.
5000 psi at 5.5 gpm with a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel.

Panhead5496

Reaction score
5000psi!! That WOULD blow the paint off a car lol! And 5.5 gallons of water a minute is pretty crazy...does an average household hose spicket even produce that much water?

Mammoth

Reaction score
It does take off paint that is lightly stuck on, but it wasn't effective on real hard paint granted I haven't reved it up all the way yet.
Cuts through a pine 2x4 with ease.

Used several go kart parts on it.

Thanks PanelDeland for all the useful info.

txluke

Reaction score
If anyone lives near Austin and is looking for a honda engine I just saw this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190318-215701_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190318-215701_Chrome.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.