lets have a quickie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleMann14

Insane plan member
Reaction score
that's a big sprocket o_O

i love the winy straight cut gears, but i can't see it lasting that long. does that tranny have bearings or bushings?

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
the trans has bushings, and i dont plan on the machine lasting long, just a easy quick runner. you may notice from the video that the transmission is backwards, so the only gear they had to use was reverse. im going to change that rotating the transmission the proper way to utilize the 5 spd. the steering section is more than tough enough to use, and if it needs strengthening i will do it. to be honest this will be a fine kart and fun to buzz around in! i will be using a 6 horse briggs flatty. my 18 would detonate the tranny.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
will you be running a clutch? i couldn't tell if the tires were spinning making the noise, if it was the belt or if it was the tranny wound out. my vote, E both b and c.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
That engine is running like S**T, and that kid's looking to get his feet taken off at the ankles! Get 'em off the ground, dumb@ss!
Anyhow, good luck with your build, should be a blast!
Also- If that tranny was backwards, could one flip it over and run it upside-down? Maybe plugging a vent hole and making a new one?

joejoeguns

ya thats my bike
Reaction score
Looked to me like that kart had the good old pull rope throttle and foot brakes with no nuetral.If you want to build one like that, I'd aim a little higher.LOL

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
oh undoubtedly! i am working a foot throttle in, brakes, and the clutch. no worries, that video is just a rough idea, but extremely close to what i am building. the kart will be an easy build, using angle iron for frame. Its not gonna travel at extreme speeds, but i will work for what i need

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
ok, some measurements to get an idea.
-frame channel length, 5 ft 3.5 inches,
- trans 17 inches across
- front swing mount is 12 inches across,
- extra channel (4 pieces) 25.125 inches
-rear tires 18 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.