Leaking spark plug, oily around

AndyAndyAndy

Reaction score
Bought this 110cc bike 3 years ago. Has 45 000 Km. And except changing an oil there was nothing done to it. It rides as new!

But I noticed this oily leak around the spark plug. On touch it is wet, like an oil mixed with dust substance. Spark plug is tight, can't make it any tighter.

Should I done something about it? Or not?

1.png

2.png

still kikn

Reaction score
If you've had that plug in and out a few times over the years the gasket may be damaged. If it were mine I'd clean up the area around the plug real good first, then pull it out and replace it. It's long overdue anyway if as you say all you've done to it in three years is change the oil. Then keep a close eye on it for awhile and see what develops. The new gasket on the new plug may well solve your problem and you're bike will probably run better either way. Let us know what develops.

AndyAndyAndy

Reaction score
By gasket you mean that metal washer at the end of spark plug threads?
If you've had that plug in and out a few times over the years the gasket may be damaged. If it were mine I'd clean up the area around the plug real good first, then pull it out and replace it. It's long overdue anyway if as you say all you've done to it in three years is change the oil. Then keep a close eye on it for awhile and see what develops. The new gasket on the new plug may well solve your problem and you're bike will probably run better either way. Let us know what develops.