Lawnmower vs Kart Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valo

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Well I am new at all this and I'm deciding on how to start my first project. I have a lawnmower that has recently been retired, and I was wondering what to do with it. The engine is fine, but the electronics and transmission broke. I know that the lawnmower engine isn't exactly the right kind for a go kart and all, (vertical set-up), but I was wondering if it was cheaper to buy a go kart engine from somewhere or to modify the lawnmower and use it. Its a 18 hp engine, but that's about all I know so far. I'll look more into it if that's what everyone says is better to use.
 

Valo

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thanks

Thanks, I'll look into it, but the transmission is broke and the electronics are a little dated, and they've been replaced multiple times. Thanks for the website, too. I've been looking for a good one.... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top