• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Kibble's Kar Komputer Konstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
I plug it in and the fans spin a few revolutions and then it does nothing. the "work light", is on, constantly. On this comp its yellow/orange. I dont know much but am pissed, waste of 100$.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Do you know how to clear the CMOS? If so, try that and see what happens. I've solved many a problem by doing this first. If you don't know, open up the PC and look on the motherboard for a jumper labeled ClrCmos or something similar. Is this a particular brand of pc, like a dell or an hp or something? If so, what's the model number?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
eMachines tend to be pretty bad. :ack2:

Every time I've dealt with one it's been nothing but problems. I did find this, which may help you out some:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/146976-30-motherboard-problem

It's pretty much everything I could tell you to check on it without being present to help you. Keep in mind that all these require you to open up your computer and get down and dirty with it.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
oh its apart now, i had a few different psu's but none were the 24 or 20 pin = the 4 pin seperate. i will try those and see if it works. if it does i will be estatic, that comp has windows XP :) :sifone: :bannana: :wai:

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Ummm which makes me question; If THAT one has xp, what does the one you reply from have? :arf:

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
take out teh battery and short the contacts in the battery holder for a few secs

thats what i do. much easier that messing w/ the jumpers

oscaryu1

Reaction score
This POS im using has Vista :( i want my old comp back. Btw no battery its a desktop

It won't be a AA battery you see in your camera. Silver, coin size, around a quarter size. Should be close to your CMOS chip somewhere.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yeah, what kenny said. Battery should look like this pic. Notice where the blue jumper that says: CLRTC. What you would do in this case, is move the jumper to the other two pins temporarily and then move them back. That would clear all system setting stored information and possibly allow your computer to turn on. Then, just select default settings when it asks you.

Attachments

• cmos.jpg
    cmos.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 7

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting up some more pics of progress. These are basically just pics of what the mount looks like and how it's put into the car. I tried to make the mount so that it wouldn't require cutting of any part of the trim in the car. It bolts down to 4 places where screws and nuts were already present.

The mount holds the monitor really stable and despite the monitor being really heavy, it doesn't bounce around much. I have two hinges on the monitor; one so that it allows the monitor to swing over to the passenger side and another that lets you adjust it so it faces up more.

In one of the monitor pics, you can see my ghetto DVI cable going into the monitor. That's still in progress.

The only thing not shown here is how the top part of the mount goes together with the lower part. I forgot to take pics of that.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
holy ****. thats not a distraction or anything. lol

i was thinking. where do you mount a 15" monitor?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't want a 15" monitor! I wanted more like a 10" or so, but the resources were there and I was able to make this one a touchscreen which makes everything a HECK of a lot easier to navigate!

Status
Not open for further replies.