ken bar streaker need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman226

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
missouri
i bought a streaker cart awhile back for the kids i got it running but then while we were away someone decided to try and start it with an air impact snapped off the crankshaft. any how i'm looking to to replace the engine it has been sitting several years and i have no idea what this cart is or was to even decide what to replace it with. the tag on it say its a ken bar streaker high performance fun cart dd7 serial number 112744 single seater black in color no roll cage or head rest above the seat and has fairly large knobby tires on the rear. if any one can help identify this cart so i can get started on getting an engine and getting it running again i would really appreciate it also needs a belt i had it driving with a belt that wasn't right for it but it did run and pull just didn't have a throttle cable either.
 

birdman226

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
missouri
if it works i have no idea how but will try
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 19

crazykart

Crazy member
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
7
Location
Swartz Creek, Michigan
Yup, that looks like fun. I have a streaker myself. As far as engines, you can replace with any engine around 5-8hp and be fine. A good popular engine is the 6.5hp predator engine from harbor freight, which can be had for around $100 new. As far as belts idk. Mine came without an engine, I threw on a 5.5hp briggs and a centrifugal clutch instead of a tc because of price.
 

birdman226

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
missouri
Thanks bub that's the motor I was going to grab lol it should be plenty for my oldest right now as for power wise anyway but he may out grow the kart soon he's 9 5'2" and around 80-99 lbs I should be able to get the belt figured out real easy haven't looked yet but I'm sure it will have part numbers on the tc to tell me which one it is.
 

crazykart

Crazy member
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
7
Location
Swartz Creek, Michigan
I'm 6'1" and around 250, and with my engine all the way back and seat back I still "fit" comfortably enough to ride it. Though it is a "bit" snug to say the least lol.

As far as TC maintenance and belts and such, do a search on kartfab, he has some videos posted up about tc maintenance and such. For the belt size you have to measure from the center of the driver mounting bolt to the center of the driven, that distance will tell you what belt you need. I'm guessing it's a 30 series, so this should help:http://www.gokartsupply.com/mobile/tcbelts.htm
 

crazykart

Crazy member
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
7
Location
Swartz Creek, Michigan
Lmao, its all fine and dandy Poboy, I like the fact we can screw around with you without feelings being hurt. That plus I don't like to fight. I will, but only if there is no ither way.

Let me know that tracking number though so I can know when to expect it.
 

birdman226

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
missouri
lol right on i appreciate the help guys i havent looked to see if the motor is slid either way yet but i know before it got broke i was on it and and i had to turn around to run the throttle on the carb so i didnt pay attention to the pedals just wanted to see how it would roll and run im 6'2 and 240 but it was a little sluggish because of the engine not being in good running condition and the wrong belt on it. i will be getting an engine on it soon and building a cage around it and the other homemade job i got for my other son.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top