Ken-Bar SK-959 Sprocket Help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price1027

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Can someone please help me with the Specs on the 2 smaller sprockets, sorry I don't know the correct name for them but I need to replace them. Thanks for any help.
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
hello and welcome....
Can you post a pic of what were looking at....the machine and parts in question...
 

Price1027

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I don't have pictures at the moment not until I get off work, I will post them then. hank you.
 

Price1027

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys, after lots of research I've found the parts I needed and am in the process of installing all new sprockets, brakes, and a fresh chain.
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Cool I guess... care to fill us in on what you were looking for and such.... it'll help us to know and the next guy that come around looking for the same info, but cant find it.
 

Makingthepush

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Dahlonega, GA
Hey guys. I also have a Ken-bar sk959. I bought it used, and the guy who had it before me used it as a pit car. I noticed it had poor bottom end power, and too much top end speed for my kids applications. After researching here, I learned about the 3 position settings for a Comet 30. Mine is currently in position 3.

My problem is that I cannot seem to figure out how to remove the driven unit on this kart. There is not enough clearance to slide the unit all the way off the shaft once I remove the 1" nut that holds it on. The opposite end of this shaft is the small sprocket that drives the chain running to the live axle. I'm hoping this makes sense and that someone has an idea how to remove the shaft so I can reset the green spring.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 4

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Messages
5,993
Reaction score
2,996
Location
Atlanta, GA
Someone here does know, but please start your own thread for your own issues and questions, even if it is related to the subject here.:thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top