kart won't roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

915tommyboy74

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
El Paso, Texas
Hey Guys I have a Kandi 110..... I've got a problem with our kart..I did a chain Adjusting ...... I removed a chain link because the chain was too loose, when I put the chain back on the sprocket the wheels will not turn... Chain is not tight on both sprockets..... engine runs fine, even if I give it some gas the wheels won't turn...if I take the chain off the sprocket turns
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,216
Reaction score
4,193
Adjusting the chain usually does not entail removing links--you're just supposed to adjust the slack.

Does your manual state it in the manner which you undertook?
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,216
Reaction score
4,193
Well, you keep adjusting it to a certain point until the chain is pretty much past its service life.

Like on a motorcycle--the chain is adjusted by the rear sprocket but at a certain point, the chain is past it maximum specs in length.

https://www.otpnet.com/know-when-its-time-to-replace-your-roller-chain/





1. Pull the chain slightly until it is taut.
2. Use a vernier caliper to measure the distance of the inside (L1) and the outside (L2) of the rollers at both ends of the measured links.
3. The average of (L1) and (L2) gives you the measured length (L).
(L1) + (L2) / 2 = (L).
4. Calculate the standard length as: Chain Pitch x Number of Links.
5. Chain elongation percentage increase in length is calculated as: Chain Elongation = Measured Length (L) / Standard Length x 100 (%)

McKutzy is right again. We're all just urinating into the naturally occurring air flow until we know exactly what is at stake here. There could be other mitigating circumstances at play here...

 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
McKutzy is right again. We're all just urinating into the naturally occurring air flow until we know exactly what is at stake here. There could be other mitigating circumstances at play here...




Thanks.... That's how I roll.....;)
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I have removed links several times to adjust the chain.With no hassles. There has to be something else happening here if the chain is still relatively loose on the sprockets. When you turn the wheels with the chain on, is there a spot where the chain binds? It could mean that sprockets or axle is bent somewhere
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top