Kart newb has questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
601
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I plan on removing that pesky governer off the predator. That will make it rev to ~5500rpm(?)

What's a good torque converter under $150? I might have to use one after all..

Thats about right

I plan on removing that pesky governer off the predator. That will make it rev to ~5500rpm(?)

Get a Comet 30 series off ebay. The chinese equivalent or the GTC are not bad. We haven't had any real bad report about them
 

Scout

Nutjob
Messages
575
Reaction score
24
Location
Indiana
I don't think you'll hit 5500 rpm with just the governor removed.

The clutch sprocket is part of the clutch, it won't come off.

Can you count the teeth on each sprocket and tell us what they are? I'm curious to know the final ratio, although I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is around 6:1.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
601
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I don't think you'll hit 5500 rpm with just the governor removed.

The clutch sprocket is part of the clutch, it won't come off.

Can you count the teeth on each sprocket and tell us what they are? I'm curious to know the final ratio, although I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is around 6:1.

Valves will float at around 5-6000rpm
 

95s52

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
No pictures to update, but last week I tied a new pull rope to the starter and gave her ****.

With a bit of starting fluid she eventually have me some signs of live but only for a brief second. I will pull the motor in the next few days. I don't want to waste time working on the old motor as I have a 212 itching to get in on the action.

Should I break in the motor stock, or should I disassemble it new and remove the governor right away?

Also, I am looking at http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/stage1hopup-p.htm anyone have anything to say about this kit? Should I get something else?

Lastly, and my biggest dilemma is to go torque converter on not? I will count the teeth on each of the sprockets along with measuring the rear wheel height to see what my ratio is. What torque converters do you guys run?

Thanks again for the comments gents!
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
With a bit of starting fluid she eventually have me some signs of live but only for a brief second. I will pull the motor in the next few days. I don't want to waste time working on the old motor as I have a 212 itching to get in on the action.

Carb probably just needs a good clean...

Also, I am looking at http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/stage1hopup-p.htm anyone have anything to say about this kit? Should I get something else?

Well, for starters, after yo remove the governor, you can't use the springs without a billet rod & flywheel as they will negate the valve bounce.

Also, the larger jet & hi flow air filter are useless without a hi flow exhaust...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top