Kart Identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeJuice

New member
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Hello guys, I recently purchased this kart and did a few mods and fixed it up from its previous state. Id like to make this kart look really nice. I just do not know what kind of parts I need, Being I don't know what kind of Kart this is. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached, is a picture before and the rest are after.
 

Attachments

  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 4(2).jpg
    photo 4(2).jpg
    144 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 3(2).jpg
    photo 3(2).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 2(3).jpg
    photo 2(3).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 1(3).jpg
    photo 1(3).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 21

DirtyDamage

New member
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
Location
Westminster Colorado
You have some sort of racing kart. Look where the seat and the bumber and maybe even where the nerf bars connect to the frame for clamps with a brand on them. If you don't find anything look for a serial number and google it. It should tell you what you have. I think it looks like it's a Murgay. Possibly an Emmik, but I'm leaning more towards the Murgay due to the front bumper.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I think I heard Margay have a number stamped where the front spindles attach. might be a good place to look??
 

GrapeJuice

New member
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Sorry for the late reply, This is on the steering spindle, Nothing on the rear axle or anywhere else I can see
 

Attachments

  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 17

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Those are not numbers they are just marks from where that set screw was tightened.
 

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,429
Reaction score
385
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
Some of the parts from other brands of racekarts would probably interchange on yours.

What parts do you need?



Your kart kinda looks like one of the (1980's-era) Coyote brand sprint kart models.
You could try emailing your pics to them and ask if its one of their older models:
http://www.coyotekarts.com/index.php/contact/coyote

PS:
Start your email out saying you wanna buy parts for it, they'll be more helpful that way... :thumbsup:
 

GrapeJuice

New member
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Some of the parts from other brands of racekarts would probably interchange on yours.

What parts do you need?



Your kart kinda looks like one of the (1980's-era) Coyote brand sprint kart models.
You could try emailing your pics to them and ask if its one of their older models:
http://www.coyotekarts.com/index.php/contact/coyote

PS:
Start your email out saying you wanna buy parts for it, they'll be more helpful that way... :thumbsup:

I don't need anything specific, I was just looking to upgrade a few things like the steering linkage and such. The kart doesn't turn right as well as it turns left and I'd like to fix that. The rear disc brake doesn't have a holder screw to hold it to the axle. Just a few minor things. I'm new to the whole racing kart deal. I don't actually plan to race it, its just for fun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top