Kart identification help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knew what brand/model this kart is. Got it from Craigslist years ago, and just really starting work on it around Xmas. Needs a good bit of TLC.

It looks like a manufactured kart, but I'm not sure. The seller had no info. Any ideas on what it is, or where I can look to find out, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PSX_20190104_080809.jpegIMG_20190101_163304.jpegIMG_20181230_161600.jpegIMG_20181230_161626.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
it's certainly a manufactured kart..
awefully close to a Manco 400 (but it's not)

maybe the sears derivate of it...
the Manco (actually Kelch Corp) steering wheel is maybe a PO addition/replacement and throwing me off for this reason.

but yeah.. Manco 400'esque

the steering wheel column makes me think of Kartco and the side panel-plates of Kenbar

But I can't put my finger on it yet *shrugs*

'sid

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Yeah, the side panels are unique. I looked around the web at as many kenbar karts I could find, but none that I looked at had the same design of the frame tubing on the sides.

I haven't looked at the Manco or Kartco yet. I'm not sure how important it is to find out what it is anyway.

Thanks for your help though. Appreciate it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Ayone else have any ideas?

Not the end of the world if I don't know what it is... can't quite quench my curiosity though... just can't let it go.

The Manco 400 definitely looks like it most. The only differences are that my kart doesn't have a steering hoop (just a straight vertical piece of tubing), and those Kenbar looking side panels. No other Kenbar karts I've seen look like this one though.

I'm upgrading the steering anyway, so I'll probably put a traditional hoop in. May get rid rid of those side panels before paint, too. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.... just gonna call it a Manco. Shhh :thumbsup::cheers2:

Status
Not open for further replies.